Xerox Application Support Manager - - 22829 in CARY, North Carolina
Application Support Manager at created 4-Aug-2020"/>
Skip to content
Xerox at https://xerox.avature.net/en_US/careers
Application Support Manager
Department: IM Service Delivery
Date: Tuesday, August 4, 2020
Working time: Full-time
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Experienced
Job Field: IM Service Delivery
Description & Requirements
Xerox (NYSE: XRX) makes every day work better. We are a workplace technology company, building and integrating software and hardware for enterprises large and small. As customers seek to manage information across digital and physical platforms, Xerox delivers a seamless, secure and sustainable experience. Whether inventing the copier, the ethernet, the laser printer or more, Xerox has long defined the modern work experience. Learn more at www.xerox.com at http://www.xerox.com/ and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion. at https://www.xerox.com/en-us/jobs/diversity
• Responsible for strategy development and implementation of service delivery resources and oversight of operational facilities; responsible for IT service delivery governance. Authorizes organizational policies governing the conduct of management of change initiatives and standards of professional conduct including procedures covering the selection of suppliers, tendering and procurement. Involved in the negotiation of major contracts. Sources and manages external partners, engaging with professionals in other related disciplines (e.g. procurement specialists, lawyers) as appropriate.
• Ensures that service delivery meets agreed service levels. Creates and maintains a catalogue of available services. Determines service level requirements and negotiates and agrees service levels implementations and then ensures that service delivery is monitored and all relevant information is recorded and analyzed. Establishes, and maintains, and/or reviews operational methods, procedures and facilities in assigned area of responsibility and reviews them regularly for effectiveness and efficiency to ensure agreed service levels are met and all relevant procedures are adhered to. Provides appropriate status and other reports to specialists, users and managers.
• Diagnoses service delivery problems to identify actions required to maintain or improve levels of service and then initiates or delegates required actions to address. Initiates or refers required actions. Ensures that appropriate action is taken to investigate and resolve incidents and problems in systems and services and ensures that such incidents and problems are fully documented within the relevant reporting systems and coordinates the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
• Takes responsibility for the design, procurement, installation, upgrading, operation, control, maintenance and effective use of IT components and monitors their performance. Coordinates scheduling of and supervises all maintenance and installation work. Ensures that operational procedures and working practices are current and fit for purpose and ensures that operational problems are identified and resolved.
• Maintains a broad understanding of the commercial IT environment, how XIM sources, deploys and manages external partners and when it is appropriate to use in-house resources. Assists in the development of and manages the execution of contracts with suppliers to meet key performance indicators and agreed targets. Is responsible for the day-to-day service delivery liaison between XIM and designated suppliers. Ensures that supplier performance is properly monitored and regularly reviewed. Advises on policy and procedures covering the selection of suppliers, tendering and procurement.
Strategy / Direction
• Creates and maintains a catalogue of all available services (Service Catalogue). Defines the mapping of services to clients/users to establish the structure of service level agreements (SLAs). Establishes, documents and maintains operational methods, procedures, and facilities in assigned area of responsibility, and reviews them regularly for effectiveness and efficiency.
• Influences design and development of new and changed systems and services to optimize operational efficiency. Contributes to definition of associated standards and techniques. Recommends operational and maintenance acceptance of new systems and services.
• Contributes to departmental policy, procedures and practices on matters such as security, health and safety, environmental controls, service facilities and media storage.
• Maintains a broad understanding of the commercial IT environment, how the organization sources, deploys and manages external partners and when it is appropriate to use in-house resource. Advises on policy and procedures covering the selection of suppliers, tendering and procurement.
Business Value/ Context
• Works with client/user representatives to determine service level requirements. Negotiates and agrees to service levels covering aspects of quantity (e.g. hours, times, throughput, consumables) and quality (e.g. availability, reliability, performance, growth capacity, support, contingency and security).
• Manages customer expectations and perceptions in order to optimize customer satisfaction. Works with customers to establish qualitative assessment of the service provision, from the client/user perspective. Proposes service improvements based on analysis of metrics, and satisfaction surveys.
• Obtains and manages budgets for the execution of third party contracts, taking responsibility for selling the products and/or services within own organization. Ensures invoices from suppliers are checked to establish whether they are valid, and authorizes payment.
• Liaises with service level management, in the specification of services, identification and choice of suppliers and negotiation of contracts and changes to contracts, service levels and specifications with end user management and suppliers. Either has sole responsibility for small contracts which are not mission critical or is one of a team handling larger or more important contracts.
• Regularly reviews Operational Level Agreements (OLAs - internal), and/or underpinning agreements (external) to ensure that they are in line with SLA targets. Liaises regularly with service providers and customers to review and improve performance against SLA. Reviews SLAs, produces new SLAs and extensions to existing SLAs. Negotiates changes and improvements to SLAs with the agreement of service provider and user management.
• Ensures that the necessary arrangements are in place to meet appropriate RISK requirements (Safe Harbor/Privacy, SOX, Information Security Risk Assessments, Segregation of Duty, adhoc audit requirements, etc…). Liaises with those responsible for problem management in the diagnosis and resolution of service problems, ensuring that account is taken of agreed levels of service. Initiates action to maintain or improve levels of service, referring issues to higher levels of management as required.
• Monitors levels of service achieved, ensures detailed metrics and records are kept and analyzed, provides adequate, accurate and timely reports, to clients/users and providers, on actual service levels achieved compared with the targets set in SLAs, and initiates appropriate action involving other service management functions as necessary.
• Monitors the effectiveness of all service level management tools and processes in use. Recommends and justifies the purchase of new or upgraded tools and processes.
• Ensures that regular meetings to review performance and progress take place with suppliers
• Develops contracts for the supply of products and/or services, ensuring that each contract underpins the relevant service level agreement(s) with the business, and enables key performance indicators and agreed targets to be met.
• Is fully responsible, or leader of a team, for the liaison between the customer and the supplier organizations, owning the relationship on behalf of the customer organization, and enabling all communications to take place effectively and efficiently. Is the first point of escalation for any issues or problems raised by the suppliers, or users, and is responsible for arbitration in situations of conflict.
• Ensures that users in own organization are aware of the terms and conditions of contracts, and deal appropriately with suppliers. Facilitates good communications between suppliers and users within own organization.
• Ensures that quantitative and qualitative data is collected and analyzed to monitor the suppliers performance against agreed service levels, publishes the results, and initiates actions based on results. Ensures proper monitoring of the contracts and recommends actions, including the enforcement of any penalty clauses, to bring contracts back into line or to terminate them.
• Maintains agreed statistics for quality assurance purposes to assess the ongoing success and effectiveness of the process.
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. Learn more at www.xerox.com at https://www.xerox.com/ and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion! at https://www.xerox.com/en-us/jobs/diversity People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
© 2020 Xerox Corporation. All rights reserved. Xerox® and Xerox and Design® are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Share this job:
Share Application Support Manager with Facebook
Share Application Support Manager with LinkedIn
Share Application Support Manager with Twitter
Share Application Support Manager with a friend via e-mail