Xerox Network Architect - - 16302 in CARY, North Carolina
Network Architect at created 22-May-2020"/>
Skip to content
Xerox at https://xerox.avature.net/en_US/careers
Department: IM Support
Date: Friday, May 22, 2020
Working time: Full-time
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Experienced
Job Field: IM Support
Description & Requirements
Xerox (NYSE: XRX) makes every day work better. We are a workplace technology company, building and integrating software and hardware for enterprises large and small. As customers seek to manage information across digital and physical platforms, Xerox delivers a seamless, secure and sustainable experience. Whether inventing the copier, the ethernet, the laser printer or more, Xerox has long defined the modern work experience. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
The Network Architect will be part of a team responsible for design and support of scalable, maintainable, highly available network architectures that meet business objectives and SLAs. From determining cable layout and placement to selecting modems and routers, the Network Architect will design and oversee the installation and implementation of computer network systems. This role will maintain documentation during the installation and implementation processes, manage staff, and ensure that the projects are on schedule.
An ideal candidate will be well organized and detail oriented, possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and have excellent communication and documentation skills. The role also entails strong execution and focus to meet the needs of Xerox internal and external customers.
· Work with senior leadership to gather requirements, build technical plans, and design optimal solutions with input from team members.
· Work with operations team to implement network designs, installing and configuring switches, routers, firewalls, load-balancers, etc.
· Serve as a point of escalation (level 3) for business-critical network-related issues.
· Keep abreast of emerging technologies, advise which may be suitable for our networks.
· Serve as mentor for junior network staff.
· Manage lifecycle of network equipment and services. Plan upgrades for EOL equipment, patch management for current equipment
· Manage relationships with vendors (e.g. ensures warranty coverage for equipment)
· Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
· Monitor system resource utilization, trending, security and capacity planning
· Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
· Implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security policy.
· Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
· Ability to translate business requirements into network requirements.
· Proven track record of providing clear documentation of network designs.
· Proven track record of creating physical and logical network diagrams (in e.g. Visio).
· Understanding of NAT, VPN, application protocols (HTTPS, SSH, SFTP, NTP).
· Experience with F5/Cisco Firewall/Cisco Core networking.
· Expert level network troubleshooting skills.
· Strong understanding of the OSI model and TCP/IP.
· Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools.
· Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Must demonstrate excellent customer services skills and the ability to communicate with individuals of all levels internal and external to the organization
· Flexible to work overtime as required.
· Experience with Intrusion Prevention/Detection systems.
· Preferred: experience with VMware and UCS networking/troubleshooting.
· Preferred: experience with networking in Azure or AWS.
· Preferred: CCNP or CCIE.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. Learn more at www.xerox.com at https://www.xerox.com/ and explorer our commitment to diversity and inclusion! at https://www.xerox.com/en-us/jobs/diversity People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com . Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Share this job:
Share Network Architect with Facebook
Share Network Architect with LinkedIn
Share Network Architect with Twitter
Share Network Architect with a friend via e-mail