Xerox Senior Infrastructure Architect in Cary, North Carolina
Senior Infrastructure Architect
State/Province: North Carolina
Country: United States
Department: Information Management
Date: Wednesday, April 7, 2021
Working time: Full-time
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Experienced
Job Field: Information Management
Description & Requirements
Xerox (NYSE: XRX) makes every day work better. We are a workplace technology company, building and integrating software and hardware for enterprises large and small. As customers seek to manage information across digital and physical platforms, Xerox delivers a seamless, secure and sustainable experience. Whether inventing the copier, the ethernet, the laser printer or more, Xerox has long defined the modern work experience. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore ourcommitment to diversity and inclusion. (https://www.xerox.com/en-us/jobs/diversity)
The Sr. Infrastructure Architect is responsible for strategy and design of controls system (hardware, software), testing strategy, standards and practices for enterprise, major organization or major platform.
• The role holder should have an in-depth knowledge of the Infrastructure domain. This includes compute, networking, storage, and backup.
• Plan and improve infrastructure architecture: Candidate will lead compute refreshes, load balancer/networking upgrades, backup system refreshes, etc.
• The candidate will be called upon infrequently by the Operations team to provide expert-level knowledge of Infrastructure to help troubleshoot difficult problems.
• The Infrastructure architect will take the lead role in performing maintenance, upgrades, and patching on computer, network, and storage hardware.
• The Infrastructure architect will take lead in assessing hardware performance, reporting on capacity, and planning to address future growth based on trends identified.
• Minimum of 8 years administration of IT Infrastructure that supports Windows Server, SQL Server, .NET applications, and load-balanced IIS applications.
• Minimum of 2 years making architectural decisions in lead role in IT projects.
• Familiarity with Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Systems Center Operations Manager (SCOM) is preferred
• Experience with Cisco ASA firewalls, and Nexus switches is preferred
• Preferred: experience with an APM tool like Dynatrace or AppDynamics.
• Preferred: experience with Cisco UCS servers, MDS Fibre Channel switches, and F5 Big-IP load balancers.
• Proven track record of tackling complex IT projects for medium or large organizations.
• Familiarity with Backup and Restore applications such as Dell PowerProtect.
• Strong understanding of virtualization, networking, storage arrays, and general IT security principles.
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore ourcommitment to diversity and inclusion! (https://www.xerox.com/en-us/jobs/diversity) People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
© 2020 Xerox Corporation. All rights reserved. Xerox® and Xerox and Design® are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.