Xerox Senior Solution Architect - - 22889 in CARY, North Carolina
Senior Solution Architect at created 10-Sep-2020"/>
Skip to content
Xerox at https://xerox.avature.net/en_US/careers
Senior Solution Architect
Department: IM Architecture
Date: Thursday, September 10, 2020
Working time: Full-time
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Experienced
Job Field: IM Architecture
Description & Requirements
Xerox (NYSE: XRX) makes every day work better. We are a workplace technology company, building and integrating software and hardware for enterprises large and small. As customers seek to manage information across digital and physical platforms, Xerox delivers a seamless, secure and sustainable experience. Whether inventing the copier, the ethernet, the laser printer or more, Xerox has long defined the modern work experience. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion. at https://www.xerox.com/en-us/jobs/diversity
The Senior Solution Architect is responsible for the specification of systems architecture and identification of components. The role holder researches, analyzes, designs, proposes, and delivers IT architecture solutions that are optimal for the business and IT strategies. Provides integrated systems analysis and recommends appropriate hardware, software, and communication links required to support IT goals and strategy. Ensures architectures, strategies, policies, standards and practices for existing and planned systems remain compatible within IT infrastructure. The Senior Solution Architect is responsible for ensuring the architectural design of an IT system solution that support the architecture strategy, positions for future functional requirements, standards and roadmaps, meets the short term business functional requirements, and fits with the current architecture.
• The role holder should have an understanding of all the architectural domains that follow, and have an in depth knowledge of one or more of the domains.
• Technical/Infrastructure: Plan and improve infrastructure architecture; Establish technology standards and manage adherence and ensure leveragability across the enterprise; Bridge between Technology Domain Architects and Solution Architects
• Application: Manage the evolution of the application portfolio; Establish strategic direction for application selection and development approaches; Establish application design guidelines and patterns
• Data: Promote understanding of how data is created and used in the enterprise; Promote sharing /adoption; Establish data management strategies and standards; expertise in one or more key data areas (Product, Customer)
• Specifies and designs large or complex systems (e.g. involving significant team size and interaction, integration with multiple systems, covers multiple business processes or geographic regions). Selects appropriate design standards, methods and tools and ensures that they are applied effectively.
• Reviews others’ system design to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources and integration of multiple systems and technology.
• Evaluates and undertakes impact analysis on major design options. Ensures that the system architecture balances functional, service quality and systems management requirements.
• Understand and advocate the Enterprise Architecture and information technology strategies, ensuring that business solutions have an enterprise and strategic perspective.
• Uses appropriate tools, including logical models of components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of systems architectures.
• In own areas of expertise provides advice and guidance influencing the effectiveness of the organization’s business processes.
• Maintains an in-depth knowledge of specific technical specialisms and provides expert advice regarding their application. Can supervise specialist technical consultancy.
• Responsible to research, analyze, design, propose, and deliver IT architecture solutions that are optimal for the business and IT strategies in one or more domains.
• Works with the lines of business, support staff, and technology areas, to design and document a technical structure based on the existing standards and processes and meets the strategic needs of the business and integrates with other business and IT Processes.
• Provides integrated systems analysis and recommends to other Architects, appropriate hardware, software, and communication links required to support IT goals and strategy. This may include coordinating activities of the project team and assisting in the monitoring of project schedules and costs.
• Leads the effort to support, resolve and document issues that arise in the architecture. This may also include reviewing designs and recommending improvements to the architecture.Responsible for analyzing and incorporating where appropriate industry trends, and being familiar with enterprise standards, methodology and in the platform(s) being utilized (Oracle, SAP). The role will also have familiarity with the enterprise infrastructure and applications, and will specialize in a particular domain.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
Minimum of 5 years experience as a solution architect with a minimum of 2 years experience within application.
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. Learn more at www.xerox.com at https://www.xerox.com/ and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion! at https://www.xerox.com/en-us/jobs/diversity People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
© 2020 Xerox Corporation. All rights reserved. Xerox® and Xerox and Design® are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Share this job:
Share Senior Solution Architect with Facebook
Share Senior Solution Architect with LinkedIn
Share Senior Solution Architect with Twitter
Share Senior Solution Architect with a friend via e-mail