Xerox Senior Solutions Architect in Cary, North Carolina
Xerox (NYSE: XRX) makes every day work better. We are a workplace technology company, building and integrating software and hardware for enterprises large and small. As customers seek to manage information across digital and physical platforms, Xerox delivers a seamless, secure and sustainable experience. Whether inventing the copier, the ethernet, the laser printer or more, Xerox has long defined the modern work experience. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
• Responsible for the specification of systems architecture and identification of components. Researches, analyzes, designs, proposes, and delivers IT architecture solutions that are optimal for the business and IT strategies. Provides integrated systems analysis and recommends appropriate hardware, software, and communication links required to support IT goals and strategy. and planned systems remain compatible within IT infrastructure.
• The role holder is responsible for ensuring the architectural design of an IT system solution that support the architecture strategy, positions for future functional requirements, standards and roadmaps, meets the short term business functional requirements, and fits with the current architecture.
• Ensures that business solutions have an enterprise and strategic perspective and support EA strategies.
• The role holder ensures that common architecture decisions are implemented consistently across business and IT in order to support the business and IT strategy.
• Works with the lines of business, support staff, and technology areas, to design and document a technical structure based on the existing standards and processes and meets the strategic needs of the business and integrates with other business and IT Processes.
• The role holder provides integrated systems analysis and recommends to other Architects, appropriate hardware, software, and communication links required to support IT goals and strategy. This may include coordinating activities of the project team and assisting in the monitoring of project schedules and costs.
• This role also leads the effort to support, resolve and document issues that arise in the architecture. This may also include reviewing designs and recommending improvements to the architecture.
• The role holder is responsible for analyzing and incorporating where appropriate industry trends, and being familiar with enterprise standards, methodology and in the platform(s) being utilized (Oracle, SAP). The role will also have familiarity with the enterprise infrastructure and applications, and will specialize in a particular domain.
The role holder should have an understanding of all the architectural domains that follow and have an in depth knowledge of one or more of the domains.
• Technical/Infrastructure: Plan and improve infrastructure architecture; Establish technology standards and manage adherence and ensure leveragability across the enterprise; Bridge between Technology Domain Architects and Solution Architects
• Application: Manage the evolution of the application portfolio; Establish strategic direction for application selection and development approaches; Establish application design guidelines and patterns
• Data: Promote understanding of how data is created and used in the enterprise; Promote sharing /adoption; Establish data management strategies and standards; expertise in one or more key data areas (Product, Customer)
• Specifies and designs large or complex systems (e.g. involving significant team size and interaction, integration with multiple systems, covers multiple business processes or geographic regions). Selects appropriate design standards, methods and tools and ensures that they are applied effectively.
• Reviews others’ system design to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources and integration of multiple systems and technology.
• Evaluates and undertakes impact analysis on major design options. Ensures that the system architecture balances functional, service quality and systems management requirements.
• Produces detailed component specifications and translates these into detailed designs for implementation using selected products.
• Within a business change program, assists in the preparation of technical plans and cooperates with business assurance and project staff to ensure that appropriate technical resources are made available. Provides advice on technical aspects of system development and integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.) and ensures that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly.
• Understand and advocate the Enterprise Architecture and information technology strategies.
• Sets standards, strategies and procedures across the development lifecycle in the areas of systems integration and testing and ensures that practitioners adhere to them.
• Implement the governance activities associated with ensuring ISA compliance.
• In own areas of expertise provide advice and guidance influencing the effectiveness of the organization’s business processes.
• Ensures that business solutions have an enterprise and strategic perspective, support the Integrated Solution Architecture and support EA strategies.
• Maintains an in-depth knowledge of specific technical specialisms and provides expert advice regarding their application. Can supervise specialist technical consultancy. The specialism can be any aspect of information or communication technology, technique, method, and product or application area.
• Bachelor’s Required, Master’s Preferred
• Extensive years of experience in multiple IT areas and relevant architecture experience. Requires advanced to expert level knowledge and understanding of architecture, applications, infrastructure, systems design and integration.
• Comprehensive knowledge of at least one specific technology area and a broad understanding across a wide field along with a record of applying such knowledge successfully in a variety of situations.
• Familiar with the principles and practices involved in development and maintenance of software solutions and architectures and in service delivery.
• Has thorough knowledge of the system components and interfaces being designed or integrated, testing procedures, configuration issues and challenges.
• Has strong technical background and remains evergreen with technology and industry developments.
• Have broad business knowledge and an understanding of current and emerging information and communications technologies and of how they can support and enhance the functions of the business.
• Possesses a general understanding of the systems and applications that enable business processes.
• Demonstrates a rational and organized approach to the tasks undertaken and an awareness of the need to achieve quality.
• Demonstrates high standards of professional behavior in dealings with clients, colleagues and staff.
• Demonstrates the ability to take significant responsibility and shows skill in the management of change and can handle contacts of all types and at all levels.
• Is able to make sound and far reaching decisions alone on major issues and to take full responsibility for them on a technical or managerial basis.
• Is effective and persuasive in both written and oral communication.
• Has a good working knowledge of the employing organization’s policies, management structure and business objectives, and of the existing IS portfolio and IT infrastructure.
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com . Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Title: Senior Solutions Architect
Location: North Carolina-Cary
Requisition ID: 19003196