Xerox Solution Architect II, IM Architecture in Cary, North Carolina
Solution Architect II, IM Architecture
State/Province: North Carolina
Country: United States
Department: Information Management
Date: Tuesday, May 25, 2021
Working time: Full-time
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Experienced
Job Field: Information Management
Seniority Level: Associate
Description & Requirements
Xerox (NYSE: XRX) makes every day work better. We are a workplace technology company, building and integrating software and hardware for enterprises large and small. As customers seek to manage information across digital and physical platforms, Xerox delivers a seamless, secure and sustainable experience. Whether inventing the copier, the ethernet, the laser printer or more, Xerox has long defined the modern work experience. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore ourcommitment to diversity and inclusion. (https://www.xerox.com/en-us/jobs/diversity)
• Responsible for the specification of systems architecture and identification of components. Researches, analyzes, designs, proposes, and delivers IT architecture solutions that are optimal for the business and IT strategies. Provides integrated systems analysis and recommends appropriate hardware, software, and communication links required to support IT goals and strategy. Ensures architectures, strategies, policies, standards and practices for existing and planned systems remain compatible within IT infrastructure.
• The role holder is responsible for ensuring the architectural design of an IT system solution that support the architecture strategy, positions for future functional requirements, standards and roadmaps, meets the short term business functional requirements, and fits with the current architecture.
• This includes defining the platform supporting the initial delivery and charting a clear course for extending that initial solution to meet evolving business needs over time; and assembling and documenting the architectural requirements for the strategic solution.
• Works with the lines of business, support staff, and technology areas, to design and document a technical structure based on the existing standards and processes, that meets the strategic needs of the business and integrates with other business and IT Processes.
• The role holder supports the effort to provide integrated systems analysis and may recommend to more senior role holders, appropriate hardware, software, and communication links required to support IT goals and strategy. This may include coordinating activities of the project team and assisting in the monitoring of project schedules and costs.
• The role holder is responsible for maintaining awareness of appropriate industry trends, and being familiar with enterprise standards, methodology and in the platform(s) being utilized (Oracle, SAP). The role will also have familiarity with the enterprise infrastructure and applications, and will specialize in a particular domain.
• The role holder has a strong understanding of the Oracle EBS platform (v12.x), specifically Order Management and Financials.
• The role holder should have an understanding of all the architectural domains that follow, and should specialize in one or more of the domains.
• Technical/Infrastructure: Plan and improve infrastructure architecture; Establish technology standards and manage adherence and ensure leveragability across the enterprise.
• Application: Manage the evolution of the application portfolio; Establish strategic direction for application selection and development approaches; Establish application design guidelines and patterns
• Data: Promote understanding of how data is created and used in the enterprise; Promote sharing /adoption; Establish data management strategies and standards; expertise in one or more key data areas (Product, Customer)
• Works under broad direction.
• Full accountability for own technical work or project/supervisory responsibilities.
• Receives assignments in the form of objectives.
• Establishes own milestones, team objectives and delegates assignments.
• Work is often self-initiated.
• Influences organization, customers, suppliers and peers within industry on contribution of specialization.
• Some responsibility for the work of others and for the allocation of resources.
• Decisions impact success of assigned projects i.e. results, deadlines and budget.
• Develops business relationships with customers.
• Challenging range – variety of complex technical or professional work activities.
• Work requires application of fundamental principles in a wide and often unpredictable range of contexts.
• Understands relationship between detailed and wider customer/organizational requirements.
• Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services
• Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
• Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
• Decisions guided by policies, procedures and business plan
• Generally domestic scope/accountability
• Specifies and designs small and/or moderately complex systems. Selects appropriate design standards, methods and tools and ensures that they are applied effectively. Reviews others’ system design to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources and integration of multiple systems and technology.
• Evaluates and undertakes impact analysis on small to medium complexity design options. Ensures that the system architecture balances functional, service quality and systems management requirements.
• Produces detailed component specifications and translates these into detailed designs for implementation using selected products.
• Within a business change program, assists in the preparation of technical plans and cooperates with business assurance and project staff to ensure that appropriate technical resources are made available. Provides advice on technical aspects of system development and integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.) and ensures that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly.
• Ensures that the system architecture supports the integrated solutions design and the Enterprise architecture.
• Uses appropriate tools, including logical models of components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of systems architectures.
• In own areas of expertise provide advice and guidance influencing the effectiveness of the organization’s business processes.
• Adheres to and influences standards, strategies and procedures across the development lifecycle in the areas of systems integration and testing and ensures that practitioners adhere to them.
• Maintains an in-depth knowledge of specific technical specialisms and provides expert advice regarding their application. The specialism can be any aspect of information or communication technology, technique, method, and product or application area.
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore ourcommitment to diversity and inclusion! (https://www.xerox.com/en-us/jobs/diversity) People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
© 2020 Xerox Corporation. All rights reserved. Xerox® and Xerox and Design® are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.