Xerox Sr. Analyst, Service Delivery - Telephony in Cary, North Carolina
Xerox (NYSE: XRX) makes every day work better. We are a workplace technology company, building and integrating software and hardware for enterprises large and small. As customers seek to manage information across digital and physical platforms, Xerox delivers a seamless, secure and sustainable experience. Whether inventing the copier, the ethernet, the laser printer or more, Xerox has long defined the modern work experience. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
This position will play a primary role in planning and implementing telephony solutions to support a dynamic service delivery operation. The role requires telephony expertise, ability to take initiative and develop and evolve our telephony services. The right candidate will be able to effectively select, plan and deliver the best cost-effective solutions to achieve business objectives and metrics.
• Responsible for strategy development and implementation of service delivery resources and oversight of operational facilities; Involved in the negotiation of major contracts. Sources and manages external partners, engaging with professionals in other related disciplines (e.g. procurement specialists, lawyers) as appropriate.
• Negotiates with relevant parties in respect of disruptions and major amendments to the provision of services. Reviews service delivery to ensure that targets are met and prepares proposals to meet forecast changes in the level or type of service.
• Influences senior-level customers and project teams through change management initiatives, ensuring that professional standards are maintained. Takes full responsibility for budgeting, estimating, planning and objective setting. Plans and manages implementation of processes and procedures, tools and techniques for monitoring and managing the performance of automated systems and services, in respect of their contribution to business performance and benefits to the business, where the measure of success depends on achieving clearly stated business/financial goals and performance targets. Monitors performance and takes corrective action where necessary.
• Maintains a broad understanding of the commercial IT environment, how the organization sources, deploys and manages external partners and when it is appropriate to use in-house resources. Contributes to the development and management of agreements with suppliers to meet key performance indicators and agreed targets. Is responsible for the liaison between the user organization and designated suppliers. Ensures that supplier performance is properly monitored and regularly reviewed. Advises on policy and procedures covering the selection of suppliers, tendering and procurement.
• Has defined authority and responsibility for a significant area of work, including technical, financial and quality aspects.
• Accountable for actions and decisions taken by self and service delivery partners.
• Influences policy formation on contribution of specialization to business objectives.
• Influences at level of division internally and influences customer/suppliers and industry at senior management level.
• Decisions impact work of employing organizations, achievement of organizational objectives and financial performance.
• Develops relationships with customers, suppliers and industry leaders.
• Highly complex work activities covering technical, financial and quality aspects and contributing to formulation of IS strategy.
• Work involves creative application of wide range of technical and/or management principles.
• Recognized as an expert in own function
• Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends solutions/best practices
• Decisions are guided by resource availability and functional objectives
• Primarily domestic scope/accountability; may include some international scope/accountability
• Progression to this level is typically restricted on the basis of business requirement
• Strategy / Direction
• Maintains a broad understanding of the commercial IT environment, how Xerox and XIM sources, deploys and manages external partners and when it is appropriate to use in-house resource. Advises on the selection of suppliers, tendering and procurement. Participates in any RFP-RFQ processes.
• Liaises with service level management, in the specification of services, identification and choice of suppliers and negotiation of agreements and changes to agreements, service levels and specifications with end user management and suppliers. Participates in the development of agreements for the supply of products and/or services, ensuring that each agreement ‘underpins’ the relevant service level agreement(s) with the business, and enables key performance indicators and agreed targets to be met.
• Ensures that the service level requirements of each client/user area are determined, and that service level agreements, agreements and negotiations with both internal and external suppliers are aimed at meeting the business needs of Xerox and XIM, by providing a value for money service, in terms of standards, quality of service, efficiency, safety, availability, performance and cost effectiveness.
• Assures that the service complies with the relevant governmental, legal, and Xerox policies.
• Operational Oversight
Ensures that the necessary arrangements are in place to meet appropriate RISK requirements (Safe Harbor/Privacy, SOX, etc…). On the basis of both experience and foresight, sets up and maintains a risk management program.
Works with clients or users to establish qualitative assessment of the service provision, from the client/user perspective, and initiates actions for improvement, where appropriate. Reviews service level agreements, investigates all appropriate means to improve service levels, and recommends new or revised policies or procedures. Implements specific proposals, balancing overall usage requirements with current and planned services, and prepares investment proposals to meet changes in demand.
• In liaison with disaster recovery/business resumption, ensures that the necessary processes and procedures are in place to maintain or recover the delivery of services in the event of any physical, technical or environmental disaster or major outage, providing continuity of service to Xerox.
• Ensures that quantitative and qualitative data is collected and analyzed to monitor the suppliers’ performance against agreed service levels, publishes the results, and initiates actions based on results. In liaison with Sourcing Relationship Managers, ensures proper monitoring of the agreements and recommends actions, including the enforcement of any penalty clauses, to bring agreements back into line or to terminate them. Ensures service levels are meeting stakeholder requirements.
• Takes full responsibility for budgeting, estimating, planning and objective setting for the work of the function, within agreed policies and governance structures. Establishes and operates systems to monitor progress, take corrective action and produce reports as required by senior management.
• Plans and manages implementation of processes and procedures, tools and techniques for monitoring and managing the performance of automated systems and services, in respect of their contribution to business performance and benefits to the business, where the measure of success depends on achieving clearly stated business/financial goals and performance targets. Gives operational and maintenance acceptance for new and changed systems and services. Ensures that regular meetings to review performance and progress take place with suppliers within established governance structure.
• Advises and influences business clients, at management level, regarding the delivery, costs, availability and functionality of services and systems. Develops an effective partnership with suppliers and business clients, establishing confidence and respect. Represents XIM at a high level, both externally and internally, formally and informally, both for the functions represented and as an individual.
• Initiates and implements procedures for resolution of conflict or contention for service, setting clear priorities such that both foreseeable incidents and unforeseen conflicts are resolved in a professional and responsible manner.
• Obtains and manages budgets for the execution of third party agreements, taking responsibility for promoting and deploying the products and/or services within Xerox. Ensures invoices from suppliers are checked to establish whether they are valid, and authorizes payment.
• Ensures that stakeholders are aware of the terms and conditions of agreements, and deal appropriately with suppliers. Facilitates good communications between suppliers and stakeholders.
Bachelor’s Degree or Masters Degree (preferred) Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business Administration, Contract Administration, Finance, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
Preferred LSS Green Belt online training required.
Minimum of five (5) years experience in developing and managing the implementation of technical solutions with complex data, transmission control protocol/Internet protocol (TCP/IP) and routing, security, Network Address Translation (NAT), and Quality of Service (QoS) requirements.
Minimum of three (3) years experience in SIP, RTP, or other VoIP environments.
Advanced understanding of High Availability infrastructure concept and implementation.
Advanced experience with firewall and security configuration and implementation
Call Center Environment experience
Broad knowledge and understanding of IT concepts, current and emerging RISK/XIM Coherences, and architectures, coupled with practical knowledge of problem management and the principles and processes of implementing and delivering IT services.
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. Learn more at www.xerox.com at https://www.xerox.com/ and explorer our commitment to diversity and inclusion! at https://www.xerox.com/en-us/jobs/diversity People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
© 2019 Xerox Corporation. All rights reserved. Xerox® and Xerox and Design® are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Title: Sr. Analyst, Service Delivery - Telephony
Location: North Carolina-Cary
Requisition ID: 19004685