Xerox Structural & Analytics Engineer in Cary, North Carolina
Structural & Analytics Engineer
State/Province: North Carolina
Country: United States
Department: Research & Development
Date: Tuesday, April 6, 2021
Working time: Full-time
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Experienced
Job Field: Research & Development
Description & Requirements
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients. Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.
Position: Structural/Analytics Engineer
Building on some breakthrough developments in sensing, analytics, and the internet of things (IoT), we have exciting new opportunities for structural analytics lead role to support Fibridge, a new joint venture between Xerox and VicTrack. You will play a key hands-on lead technical role to rollout/deploy and bring innovative optical sensing-based monitoring solution to market for transportation structures. The technology employs cutting-edge optical sensors, asset models, and advanced analytics to help customers optimize and manage critical structural and transportation assets through the IoT. A case study with details is available at:
We are currently in late-stage customer trials and looking to build a dynamic and collaborative team to get the technology ready to scale. This role has some unique benefits: the “ownership” that comes with being in an agile environment, the stability of two large established organizations backing it, significant market traction among clients and prospects, and the opportunity to collaborate with world class technical talent.
· Listen and intelligently probe clients to understand structural details, degradation/asset condition concerns, and other monitoring needs
· Work with the team to collaboratively define sensing architectures to monitor concerns and structural components with Fibridge optical sensors
· Build analytical and numerical mechanics models to extract key structural responses and other parameters of interest such as load/fatigue rating
· Work collaboratively with the software development team to integrate structural models into analytics solutions
· Produce clear graphics and visualizations to explain procedures and communicate results
· Document structural sensing configurations, findings, and key results from monitoring deployments
· Assist and perform laboratory structural investigations and associated data collection as needed to augment field deployments
· Actively participate in generating quality peer reviewed articles and inventions
· Ph.D. or M.S. degree in Civil/Structural/Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering or other related fields
· Track record in structural/fault modeling, asset monitoring, physics-of-failure, and/or model-based diagnostics/prognostics
· Understanding of civil structural design and inspection methods/standards
· Experience with structural modeling/analysis tools and software (e.g., Ansys, Abaqus, Nastran, AutoCad)
· Experience with standard software analytics tools/libraries such as Python/R - pandas, matplotlib, numpy, scikitlearn, etc.
· Strong presentation and written communication skills
· Commitment to quality hands-on structural analytics software development
· Direct experience in structural load sensors and/or asset monitoring is a plus
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion! People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com . Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
© 2020 Xerox Corporation. All rights reserved. Xerox® and Xerox and Design® are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.