Xerox Product Owner in GB, United Kingdom
Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) is an $11 billion technology leader that innovates the way the world communicates, connects and works. Our expertise is more important than ever as customers of all sizes look to improve productivity, maximize profitability and increase satisfaction. We do this for small and mid-size businesses, large enterprises, governments, graphic communications providers, and for our partners who serve them. We understand what’s at the heart of work – and all of the forms it can take. We embrace the increasingly complex world of paper and digital. Office and mobile. Personal and social. Every day across the globe – in more than 160 countries – our technology, software and people successfully navigate those intersections. We automate, personalize, package, analyze and secure information to keep our customers moving at an accelerated pace.
Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion! at https://www.xerox.com/en-us/jobs/diversity
The hire will be the primary interface between the Engineering Team, Offering Manager(s) and the Business Stakeholders. They will work closely with the Offering Manager(s) to define & prioritise business requirements. Taking responsibility for converting these requirements into prioritised features that provide value to the end user, whilst working with the Engineering Team to ensure successful delivery.
To this end the role should be an advocate of the customer/end user, whilst balancing their wants/needs with architectural feasibility (as advised by the Engineering Team) & what is feasible given resource constraints (time/money).
• Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services
• Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
• Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
• Decisions guided by policies, procedures and business plan
• Generally domestic scope/accountability
Developan in-depth knowledge of the Product and wider offer, including itsfeature set, design & architecture
Developadeep knowledge of the software ecosystem in which your application(s) fit,and identify ways to use existing platform technologies to achievecustomer needs, when possible
Assistthe Offering Manager with the Products vision, road map & releases. Contributing to the strategic futuredirection of the product(s).
Assistthe Offering Manager to develop, solidify & prioritise requirementsfrom the Business/Users, including identifying the conditions ofacceptance (COA’s)
Workingwith the Engineering Team, be responsible for developing & elaboratingthese requirements into deliverable features including user flow diagrams,test specs in Gherkin format & COA’s
Representsthe voice of the customer to the Engineering teams; provides thepurpose/benefits of the features within the release
Resolvesany questions/clarifications from the Engineering Teams on requirementdirection with the Offering Manager(s) & Business Stakeholders
Performdemos of the current & upcoming features within the software
Gain& maintain credibility with the Offering Manager(s), Stakeholders& Engineering Team
Stayahead of the Engineering Team so that resources are not waiting
Assist the ScrumMaster especially with continuous improvement projects, both process and tools
Background, Experience & Qualifications:
· Genuine passion for technology & its ability to solve business problems
· Experience with Agile & Scrum environments
· Previous experience working as a Business Analyst, Product Owner or Systems Engineer (5 years of related work experience)
· Extensive software requirements management background, ideally in a global enterprise development environment
· BDD / Gherkin understanding/experience would be a plus
· Solid understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
· Knowledge of the Print Industry would be a big advantage
· Excellent communication & negotiation skills – needs to gain buy in from various teams when everyone is not necessarily on the same page
· Strong business acumen; must be flexible/adaptable
· Knowledge of modern technologies (.NET, Java, Architectural Design Patterns) preferred
· Motivated and confident to work as part of a team as well as independently with a self-starter attitude.
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Title: Product Owner
Requisition ID: 19003186