Xerox Professional I (Remote), Technical Customer Service Engineering in Guatemala, Guatemala
Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) is an $11 billion technology leader that innovates the way the world communicates, connects and works. Our expertise is more important than ever as customers of all sizes look to improve productivity, maximize profitability and increase satisfaction. We do this for small and mid-size businesses, large enterprises, governments, graphic communications providers, and for our partners who serve them. We understand what’s at the heart of work – and all of the forms it can take. We embrace the increasingly complex world of paper and digital. Office and mobile. Personal and social. Every day across the globe – in more than 160 countries – our technology, software and people successfully navigate those intersections. We automate, personalize, package, analyze and secure information to keep our customers moving at an accelerated pace.
Learn more at www.xerox.com.
• Responsible for installation, maintenance and repair of own company and third party products and systems including hardware, software, networking products and operating systems.
• This position supports and enables revenue for office solutions and contributes to the achievement of Professional Services revenue plan.
• Installation Services will be provided for those clients/sites where remote access is technically feasible, acceptable within client security guidelines, and allowable in contract language.
• Validate and schedule Remote Installs:
• Retrieve order info, contact customer
• Obtain customer IT info
• Confirm order accuracy
• Validate site readiness
• Capture customer configuration info
• Assess complexity of install based on established criteria
• Schedule Remote Installation appointment
• Work in collaboration with client IT representatives to complete system installation and configuration services for identified basic remote installation opportunities. Use Remote access software to login to client systems to perform services.
• Utilize system analysis techniques to resolve simple network communications and device driver issues to ensure successful solution implementation. Work with identified technical resources (Remote Systems Analyst Level 2 or Helpdesk) to escalate systems issues for appropriate analysis and resolution.
• Maintain operational knowledge of all current Xerox MFD’s and printers. Familiar with industry standard solutions, client operating system / application software and network environments to maintain credibility with clients and
ensure ability to successfully install Xerox equipment over client networks.
Min/Preferred Education Level Additional Details
Minimum Bachelor's Degree or currently in a Bachelor’s program in Computer Science / Information Technology or related field
Min/Preferred Certification Details
Preferred Yellow Belt Certification
Preferred Cisco Certified Network Associate Routing & Switching (CCNA R&S)
Preferred Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
Preferred Comp TIA / Network certification (or higher)
Candidate Background: Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Min/Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Minimum Strong English skills (75% spoken, 75% written)
Minimum Maintains proficiency in key areas of support e,g, Page Description Languages, device drivers, Windows Server environments.
Minimum Can successfully demonstrate implementation and configuration or hardware and software solutions.
Minimum Proficient in use of remote access software e.g. WebEx, LogMeIn, Amazon WorkSpace, VMware Horizon.
Minimum Good working knowledge of IT industry standards and infrastructures (e.g.,Networks and connectivity protocols, hardware platforms and operating systems, systems integration tools & methods).
Minimum Communicates technical information in English in a way that is easy to understand.
Minimum Good interactive skills required (listening, clarifying, and objection handling).
Preferred Has provided technical diagnosis, analysis and consultation in customer environments to resolve computer and network document workflow issues.
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Title: Professional I (Remote), Technical Customer Service Engineering
Location: Guatemala-Guatemala-Guatemala City
Requisition ID: 18006041