Xerox Field Service Technician in Houston, Texas
Field Service Technician
Country: United States
Department: Technical Customer Services
Date: Friday, June 18, 2021
Working time: Full-time
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Experienced
Job Field: Technical Customer Services
Seniority Level: Associate
Description & Requirements
About Xerox Holdings Corporation
For more than 100 years, Xerox has continually redefined the workplace experience. Harnessing our leadership position in office and production print technology, we’ve expanded into software and services to sustainably power today’s workforce. From the office to industrial environments, our differentiated business solutions and financial services are designed to make every day work better for clients — no matter where that work is being done. Today, Xerox scientists and engineers are continuing our legacy of innovation with disruptive technologies in digital transformation, augmented reality, robotic process automation, additive manufacturing, Industrial Internet of Things and cleantech. Learn more at xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging (https://www.xerox.com/en-us/jobs/diversity) .
The Technical Service Representative provides complete support coverage for equipment assigned to a Managed Services customer in order to maintain the highest possible uptime for the customer. While the support extends from supply replenishment through finished output, including operation of the equipment and finishing devices, it also includes full break/fix repair of the assigned equipment. They ensure the equipment is set to optimal quality and performs full repair and replacement procedures to maintain peak standards of performance. This includes ensuring the output quality meets customer requirements by monitoring device performance and making adjustments as required. They engage Technical Resources when appropriate to support the client’s business requirements. The work undertaken by the Technical Service Representative is completed in line with the Service Level Agreement and Statement of Work relevant for the customer. They provide support related to the operation and maintenance of the assigned client’s equipment, including (as required) equipment consumables management.
Field experience preferred
Customer Service experience required
Has developed specialized skills or is multi-skilled through job-related training
Completes a variety of atypical assignments
May solve problems of a recurring nature, but takes a broad perspective to problems and may identify new, less obvious solutions
Completes work with a limited degree of supervision
Acts as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience
May lead a team in the performance of a variety of tasks that are generally routine
May have specialized external certification (technical roles)
• Perform routine services to ensure equipment availability to client site users.
• Serve as the primary customer contact for providing all maintenance, production and supply inventories of assigned equipment
• Perform equipment operation (printing, scanning, copying) to deliver finished documents as required including use of finishing devices.
• Provide appropriate communication, support, and interface to on-site client base as to equipment status and availability.
• Proactively manage consumables and supplies replacement as required.
• Provide customer training on assigned products to improve end user knowledge of equipment functionality
• Maintain appropriate communication with Managed & Technical Services personnel within assigned area of coverage.
• Provide accurate and timely monthly reporting of activities (as required) using activity reporting software and tools.
• Take responsibility for customer satisfaction through proper use of customer management skills and engaging the support of other Xerox personnel as required.
• Develop schedules & implement preventative and corrective maintenance services to maximize equipment uptime and performance.
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion! (https://www.xerox.com/en-us/jobs/diversity) People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
© 2020 Xerox Corporation. All rights reserved. Xerox® and Xerox and Design® are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.