Xerox Engineer II, Software Engineering in Kerala, India
Xerox (NYSE: XRX) makes every day work better. We are a workplace technology company, building and integrating software and hardware for enterprises large and small. As customers seek to manage information across digital and physical platforms, Xerox delivers a seamless, secure and sustainable experience. Whether inventing the copier, the ethernet, the laser printer or more, Xerox has long defined the modern work experience. Learn more at www.xerox.com at http://www.xerox.com/ and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion. at https://www.xerox.com/en-us/jobs/diversity
Education and Experience
7-12 Years of overall experience and 2-3 years minimum experience in software design and architecture
Systems Engineers are responsible for
• Providing business solutions and architecture guidance to the development teams.
• Acting as the subject matter expert for the applications who can provide cutting edge business
• Collaborate and work as a team with the Product Owners & UI engineers during the planning
• Acting as a key contributor throughout the software development lifecycle.
• Design security architecture elements to mitigate threats as they emerge
• Create solutions that balance business requirements with information and cyber security
• Supporting the Agile and Scrum methodologies utilized by the Platform Development
organization to maintain tight schedules and high-quality solutions and designs bases for all the
offerings that the organization supports.
• Owning and practicing solid technical and process practices
• Good communication skills
General skills include:
• Exceptional communication skills with diverse audiences - Strong critical thinking and analytical
• Strong leadership, project and team-building skills, including the ability to independently
develop and deliver business solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to identify risks associated with business processes, operations,
information security programs and technology projects
• The ability to be the enterprise security subject matter expert who can explain technical topics
to those without a technical background
• Experience with Agile development methodology
Design patterns and best practices, Application development experience using ASP.NET, .NET Core, SQL
Design and use case representation using VISIO or similar tools.
Microsoft Azure/Amazon AWS experience.
Good to have
Exposure in Data Analytics and Machine Learning is an added advantage
Graduation in specialized field (Example: Bachelor of Engineering etc.)
Minimum Shows a systematic, analytical approach to problem solving.
Minimum Has good interpersonal skills and is confident in dealing with clients/users and suppliers. Excellent listening skills.
Minimum Above average verbal, written and presentation skills.
Minimum Above average proficiency using standard Office productivity applications pc-based analytical tools.
Minimum Has a broad and moderately deep knowledge coupled with working knowledge of the activities of those businesses and other organizations that use software systems.
Minimum Takes initiative to keep own and skills up to date and to maintain awareness of and, in own area(s) of expertise.
Minimum Technical knowledge and understanding of major technology areas, platforms, development processes and system lifecycles
Minimum Understands, explains and presents complex technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. Learn more at www.xerox.com at https://www.xerox.com/ and explorer our commitment to diversity and inclusion! at https://www.xerox.com/en-us/jobs/diversity People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
© 2019 Xerox Corporation. All rights reserved. Xerox® and Xerox and Design® are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Title: Engineer II, Software Engineering
Requisition ID: 20000055