Xerox Engineer II, Software Engineering in Kerala, India
Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) is an $11 billion technology leader that innovates the way the world communicates, connects and works. Our expertise is more important than ever as customers of all sizes look to improve productivity, maximize profitability and increase satisfaction. We do this for small and mid-size businesses, large enterprises, governments, graphic communications providers, and for our partners who serve them. We understand what’s at the heart of work – and all of the forms it can take. We embrace the increasingly complex world of paper and digital. Office and mobile. Personal and social. Every day across the globe – in more than 160 countries – our technology, software and people successfully navigate those intersections. We automate, personalize, package, analyze and secure information to keep our customers moving at an accelerated pace.
Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion! at https://www.xerox.com/en-us/jobs/diversity
• Responsible for those functions, activities, and skills required for analysis, design, coding, integration, test & maintenance of software modules, subsystems or systems which control other electrical, mechanical, electronic or network systems.
• Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services
• Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
• Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
• Decisions guided by policies, procedures and business plan
• Generally domestic scope/accountability
• May perform one or more of the following:
• Plans, designs, develops and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products.
• May develop a range of products including device drivers, patches, operating system modifications, graphics modules, etc.
• Analyzes, programs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs.
• Using current programming languages and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications.
• Plans and directs studies of potential electronic data processing applications.
• Develops and installs programs to support general business applications running on PCs.
• Designs web pages, including graphics, animation, and functionality; develops infrastructure and applications related to pages.
• May make hardware or software purchasing recommendations regarding web development.
• All other duties as assigned.
Product Owner (PO)
Role Description :
The Product Owner is responsible for defining, managing and prioritizing business requirements. This role will support the business to ensure projects are implemented with the highest quality of product by bringing all required business requirements clarity to the scrum team.
Product Owner will implement product vision & product development with a clear focus on customer and end-user needs. This role will fulfil the development teams need for product direction, understanding the detail of personas and their problems, as well as the significant focus on product quality as the product owner is the only team member empowered to accept user stories as truly done.
• Experience in requirement elicitation best practices and product backlog grooming activities.
• Experience with building consumer quality products, enabling business capability and objectives through technology
• An analytical mindset and a strong business acumen
• Versatility and a willingness to think outside the box
• Strong conversation Skills
• Must be able to implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
• Must be able to work independently to prioritize tasks and provide direction and support to project team
• Lead project evaluations and assessment of results and tests.
• When eliciting requirement, make sure business partners are considering the end-to-end process.
• Must have detailed understanding and experience in application design, usability best practices, to work with the design and technology teams to create a holistic and integrated web experience
• Must be able to work closely with customer/business partners, design and technology teams to be able to translate business strategies and requirements into a compelling product experience that represents the Xerox Corporation brand and integrates smoothly onto the available technology platforms
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
• Minimum 2-5 years’ experience as a PO/BSA
• Experience with Agile development methodology is a plus
• Managed Print Services experience is a plus
• Experience in project / product management / business analysis experience, with a focus on cross functional teams
• Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time effortlessly
• Ability to consistently exemplify cross-company co-supplier collaboration and partnerships
• Experience with detailed project management and proven record of delivering on expected milestones
• Nice to have Certified Product Owner (CSPO) certification
Skills/Knowledge and experience
• Scrum / Agile
• Behavior Driven Development (BDD) / Test Driven Development (TDD) Exposure.
• Exposure to .NET applications and should have worked with Team Foundation Server [TFS] is good to have.
• Establishing a resource allocation plan in conjunction with the Application Development Managers (ADM)
• Strong project management skills with experience taking project from concept to launch in a cross-functional manner
• Share Goals at the beginning of every Release and Sprint with team as per market expectations
• Creates, MAINTAINS & OWNS the Product Backlog
• Inspects the product (user story) progress at the end of every Sprint and has complete authority to accept or reject work done as part of demo’s
• Conducts business demo’s in a timely manner to have constant feedback loop from the business.
• Manages Stakeholders & Communicates status externally
• Elicit business requirements to support operational process improvements and client implementations
• Deliver process and application work flows and use cases, both current and future state
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Title: Engineer II, Software Engineering
Requisition ID: 19003314