Xerox Proj/Prog Manager I, IM Project Management (Project Manager) in Kerala, India
Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) is an $11 billion technology leader that innovates the way the world communicates, connects and works. Our expertise is more important than ever as customers of all sizes look to improve productivity, maximize profitability and increase satisfaction. We do this for small and mid-size businesses, large enterprises, governments, graphic communications providers, and for our partners who serve them. We understand what’s at the heart of work – and all of the forms it can take. We embrace the increasingly complex world of paper and digital. Office and mobile. Personal and social. Every day across the globe – in more than 160 countries – our technology, software and people successfully navigate those intersections. We automate, personalize, package, analyze and secure information to keep our customers moving at an accelerated pace.
Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion! at https://www.xerox.com/en-us/jobs/diversity
• Responsible for project management, leadership and execution of a portfolio of Information Technology projects / programs; and ensuring alignment with IT standards and strategies. Accountable to manage IT projects, programs and portfolios using industry based, IT EPMO defined and regionally governed PM methodologies, best practices, processes and tools across a number of PM functional areas. Responsibilities include managing project / program scope, time (schedule), integration, cost, quality, human resources, communication, risk and procurement activities and other PM deliverables. Develops and maintains relationships with Business Unit leads and leadership teams to manage expectations of service, including work products, timing, and the value to be delivered for those projects and programs.
• The role holder will be responsible for leading medium-to large scale IT projects or elements of multiple small-scale IT projects while supporting the PMO. The role holder will manage Project Team Members (e.g., Project Analysts, Project Coordinators, Technical Resources, etc.) and work with the leadership team in the implementation and use of the project management best practices (procedures, processes, templates, tools) that are owned by the EPMO/PMO to support the planning and execution of the project(s) within his/her control.
• Role holder, under the supervision of the PMO Manager, Program Manager or Senior Project Manager, is accountable and responsible for managing all aspects of a medium-to-large scale IT project or multiple, small-scale IT projects to ensure project results contribute positive business value and meet agreed on scope, cost, schedule and quality objectives. This involves looking outside of project boundaries for integration and interdependencies to achieve project goals. It also involves conveying to the project team the important relationship of the project to the bigger picture, including the larger program and organizational performance objectives.
• Through structured governance, the role holder enables appropriate initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling and closing for the project to achieve program benefits. The role holder establishes and communicates project goals and directs team activities. The PM is responsible for activities pertaining to managing integration, scope, time (schedule), cost, quality, human resources, communication, risk and procurement.
• The role adheres to the established project management methodology and standards while carrying out responsibilities. This includes applying project management and development and delivery lifecycle processes to information technology projects and ensuring alignment with IT standards and strategies.
• Works under broad direction.
• Full accountability for own technical work or project/supervisory responsibilities.
• Receives assignments in the form of objectives.
• Establishes own milestones, team objectives and delegates assignments.
• Work is often self-initiated.
• Influences organization, customers, suppliers and peers within industry in area of specialization.
• Significant responsibility for the work of others and for the allocation of resources.
• Decisions impact on success of assigned projects i.e. results, deadlines and budget.
• Develops business relationships with customers.
• Challenging range variety of complex technical or professional work activities.
• Work requires application of fundamental principles in a wide and often unpredictable range of contexts.
• Understands relationship between detailed and wider customer/organizational requirements.
• Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services
• Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
• Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
• Decisions guided by policies, procedures and business plan
• Generally domestic scope/accountability
• Support the Program Manager or PMO in the creation of project charters and associated project plans
• Maintain relationships with Business Unit leads and leadership to manage expectations of service, including work products, timing, and the value to be delivered for those project(s) under his/her domain.
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex project management and leverage knowledge of Xerox business to identify risk and evaluate impacts on the business.
• Demonstrate excellent project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with team members, and use current tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables while applying to projects.
• Ensure appropriate involvement of all stakeholders for the project
• Consistently apply the organizational project management standards and methodologies defined by the EPMO/PMO to assigned projects.
• Accountable and responsible for activities pertaining to managing integration, scope, time (schedule), cost, quality, human resources, communication, risk and procurement for the project.
• Report progress and health of the project and incorporate feedback from all stakeholders
• Identify, monitor and control the interdependencies between activities and deliverables with a project
• Proactively identify and manage risks and issues pertaining to the project.
• Identify the projects financial sources and resources and manage the budget and control costs for the project.
• Ensure appropriate governance practices are in place to monitor and control the project
• Track the progress of project activities and deliverables and the non-project work to the consolidated project benefits.
• Support the portfolio management decision process through the creation of project charters, scope statements, risk assessments, budgets and IT Value discussions.
• Recommend prioritization of projects and ensure approvals follow the governance process.
Additional please note below:
Alignment & day today support to the 3 Senior EPMO Leaders
Provide support toPortfolio Manager, as needed
Provide support to VicePresident of EPMO & Risk Organization, as needed
Provide support toSenior Project Managers, per as assigned
Perform project specificactivities & support, under the guidance of Project Managers
Perform direct ProjectAdministration
Maintain Project risks,issues & contingency plans
Perform ad hoc reportingfor EPMO leaders
Interface withGovernance & Operations support team
Assist in thepreparation of leadership presentations
Manage small projects,or portions of medium sized projects
Participate in SeniorLeadership meetings to support EPMO Leaders
Document & track toclosure any action items in key meetings
Experience with CA-PPM,MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint (graphics, charting, etc.)
Expectation is to work4-5 hour overlap of EST business hours
Graduation in specialized field (Example: Bachelor of Engineering etc.) in Computer Science, Information Systems,
Business Administration, or other related field.
Key Skills needed:
• Excel, Powerpoint, Word
• Analyzing and preparing reports - advanced Excel and Tableau
• Sharepoint site build, maintenance
• Knowledge of Project, Program and Portfolio Fundamentals
• Experience organizing knowledge repositories
• Minimum-PMP or equivalent Project Management certification
• Experience of relevant 7 yrs to 10 yrs
• Preferred-Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
• Ability to perform critical analysis of complex requirements
• Ability to perform feasibility studies and cost benefit analyses
• Effective presentation skills
• Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
• Broad knowledge Project Management Institute (PMI) Knowledge Areas and proficient in at least three of the Knowledge
• In-depth knowledge of relevant industry standards
• Typically has substantial IT work experience, including some project support / management experience
Title: Proj/Prog Manager I, IM Project Management (Project Manager)
Requisition ID: 19003605
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law.