Xerox Sr. Analyst, IM Business Analysis in Kerala, India
Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) is an $11 billion technology leader that innovates the way the world communicates, connects and works. Our expertise is more important than ever as customers of all sizes look to improve productivity, maximize profitability and increase satisfaction. We do this for small and mid-size businesses, large enterprises, governments, graphic communications providers, and for our partners who serve them. We understand what’s at the heart of work – and all of the forms it can take. We embrace the increasingly complex world of paper and digital. Office and mobile. Personal and social. Every day across the globe – in more than 160 countries – our technology, software and people successfully navigate those intersections. We automate, personalize, package, analyze and secure information to keep our customers moving at an accelerated pace.
Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion! at https://www.xerox.com/en-us/jobs/diversity
• Responsible for analyzing customer requirements and the analysis of information/data. Manages projects if required. Provides input to improve overall efficiency and processes.
• The role holder) is responsible for leading the effort to understand the business needs and identify how best to meet those needs. This includes working with the business and the technology areas to gather requirements for development and management. The role leads the effort to analyze, validate and document the business and system requirements.
• The role holder is a key facilitator within the IT organization, acting as a bridge between the business and the IT groups, and is accountable for a technology solution that supports the business request or opportunity and is based on the enterprise architecture. This role partners with the Architect during the initial stages of the project/solution to ensure the accuracy of business cases and that the solution will meet the business need.
• This role designs, modifies and creates business processes that will be used to implement the business transformation solutions. This is done through research and fact-finding combined with a basic understanding of applicable business processes, systems, and industry requirements.
• The role holder determines the process and requirements management methodology practices. The role monitors the effort to ensure that the methodology and quality standards are being met.
• Multiple business processes, or sub-processes, spanning one or more geographic regions and/or business units.
• Has defined authority and responsibility for a significant area of work, including technical, financial and quality aspects.
• Establishes organizational objectives and delegates assignments.
• Accountable for actions and decisions taken by self and subordinates.
• Influences policy formation on contribution of specialization to business objectives.
• Influences at level of division internally and influences customer/suppliers and industry at senior management level.
• Decisions impact work of employing organizations, achievement of organizational objectives and financial performance.
• Develops high-level relationships with customers suppliers and industry leaders.
• Can absorb complex technical information and communicate effectively at all levels to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Is able to assess and evaluate risk and to understand the implications of new technologies.
• Demonstrates clear leadership skills and the ability to influence and persuade.
• Has a broad understanding of all aspects of information systems and deep understanding of area(s) of specialization.
• Understands and communicates the role and impact of information systems in the employing organization.
• Takes initiative to keep both own and subordinates skills up to date and to maintain awareness of developments in the information systems industry.
• Recognized as an expert in own function
• Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends solutions/best practices
• Decisions are guided by resource availability and functional objectives
• Primarily domestic scope/accountability; may include some international scope/accountability
• Progression to this level is typically restricted on the basis of business requirement
• Takes responsibility for investigative work to determine requirements and specify effective business processes, through improvements in information systems, data management, practices, procedures, organization and equipment. Applies and monitors the use of required modeling and analysis tools, methods and standards. Conducts investigations at a high level for strategy studies, requirements specifications and feasibility studies. Defines, plans and justifies (in business terms) projects to develop/implement automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes.
• Key Tasks:
• Takes responsibility for investigative work to determine requirements, and specify effective business processes. Organizes their implementation through improvements in information systems, data management, practices, organization and equipment. Applies and monitors the use of required modeling and analysis tools, methods and standards in an intelligent and effective way.
• Co-operates with senior client and IS staff as required, conducting investigations at a high level for strategy studies, requirements specifications and feasibility studies. Maintains technical awareness at a level where alternatives can be analyzed, modeled and classified according to technical feasibility and performance.
• Utilizes business experience and skills to assess and advise on the practicability of alternatives, marrying up technical limitations with operational realities.
• Takes responsibility as needed for the detailed specification and modeling of recommended solutions using resources, standards, methods and tools as required. Maintains links with appropriate counterparts within both software engineering and service delivery functions and plays a full part in bringing systems to implementation as detailed by organization policies and methods.
• Applies available standards, methods and tools in an intelligent and effective way, and produces a consistently high standard of documentation of both a technical and a descriptive nature.
• Plans, arranges and controls meetings, workshops and relations with client/user staff during system investigations and throughout subsequent development work. Takes responsibility at a high level for the proper conduct of such relations.
• Defines, plans and justifies (in business terms) projects to develop/implement automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes.
• Assists clients/users in defining acceptance tests for automated systems, and takes responsibility for their proper execution.
Graduation in specialized field (Example: Bachelor of Engineering etc.) In Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field
Minimum Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
Minimum Typically has extensive IT experience, plus significant experience in business systems analysis, process engineering and process/organizational transformation and some experience in project management desirable.
Minimum Has excellent interpersonal skills and is fully experienced at dealing with clients/users.
Minimum Has a good understanding of alternative software engineering life cycles for development and the concepts and practices required to implement effective information systems.
Minimum Possesses a broad understanding of business and business skills, and understands the significance of commercial constraints.
Minimum Is able to recognize potential assignments outside own areas of specialization and bring to bear appropriate expertise as necessary.
Minimum Has gained substantial business experience, including some management or professional responsibility, and has received training in business analysis methods and techniques. Role Specific Competencies are available at: https://thehub.xerox.com/sites/it/en/Resources/Pages/XIM BOT.aspx
Additional Role Requirements:
Business area expertise and industry relevant certifications (APICS desired)
Knowledge and understanding of business process framework (APQC desired)
Exposure to business process modeling and simulation tools (desired)
Exposure to enterprise data modeling exposure
Business change/transformation techniques and processes
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Title: Sr. Analyst, IM Business Analysis
Requisition ID: 19004079