Xerox Sr. Enterprise Architect, IM Architecture in Kerala, India
Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) is an $11 billion technology leader that innovates the way the world communicates, connects and works. Our expertise is more important than ever as customers of all sizes look to improve productivity, maximize profitability and increase satisfaction. We do this for small and mid-size businesses, large enterprises, governments, graphic communications providers, and for our partners who serve them. We understand what’s at the heart of work – and all of the forms it can take. We embrace the increasingly complex world of paper and digital. Office and mobile. Personal and social. Every day across the globe – in more than 160 countries – our technology, software and people successfully navigate those intersections. We automate, personalize, package, analyze and secure information to keep our customers moving at an accelerated pace.
Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion! at https://www.xerox.com/en-us/jobs/diversity
• Responsible for the specification of systems architecture and identification of components. Researches, analyzes, designs, proposes, and delivers IT architecture solutions that are optimal for the business and IT strategies. Provides integrated systems analysis and recommends appropriate hardware, software, and communication links required to support IT goals and strategy. Ensures architectures, strategies, policies, standards and practices for existing and planned systems remain compatible within IT infrastructure.
• The role holder provides analysis and design facilitation to develop, maintain and govern the EA function across business, information, technical and social viewpoints and enterprise architecture. They are responsible for implementing integration of EA process with other related processes (i.e.: investment, enterprise program, IT portfolio and project management) in the organization per plan.
• The role holder provides a shared service to the IT and Business organization in one or more of the architecture domains in the form of communication, counseling, negotiation, persuasion and governance.
• Implement the business process convergence strategy and through the XIM roadmap process, ensures alignment between the Xerox business and IT strategies, operating model, guiding principles, and the software development projects and service delivery.
• Implementation of EA governance process
• Ensure that common architecture decisions are defined and implemented consistently across the organization in order to support the business and IT strategy.
• Improve architecture management practices and governance
• Improve IT Planning and reduce project risks
• The role holder should have a foundational understanding of all the architectural domains that follow and be an expert in at least one of them.
• Business (strategy, business roadmap, business process, business services, people/organization): addresses the needs of the business community and describes the flows of business information between people and business processes.
• Data: Promote understanding of how data is created and used in the enterprise; Promote sharing /adoption; Establish data management strategies and standards; expertise in one or more key data areas (Product, Customer).
• Application: Manage the evolution of the application portfolio; Establish strategic direction for application selection and development approaches; Establish application design guidelines and patterns.
• Technical/Infrastructure: Plan and improve infrastructure architecture; Establish technology standards and manage adherence and ensure leveragability across the enterprise; Bridge between Technology Domain Architects and Solution Architects.
• Has defined authority and responsibility for a significant area of work, including technical, financial and quality aspects.
• Establishes organizational objectives and delegates assignments.
• Accountable for actions and decisions taken by self and subordinates.
• Influences policy formation on contribution of specialization to business objectives.
• Influences at level business unit or major business process internally and influences customer/suppliers and industry at senior management level.
• Decisions impact work XIM, achievement of organizational objectives and financial performance.
• Develops high-level relationships with business partners, suppliers and industry leaders.
• Highly complex work activities covering technical, financial and quality aspects and contributing to formulation of IS strategy.
• Work involves creative application of wide range of technical and/or management principles.
• Recognized as an expert in own function
• Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends solutions/best practices
• Decisions are guided by resource availability and functional objectives
• Primarily domestic scope/accountability; may include some international scope/accountability
• Progression to this level is typically restricted on the basis of business requirement
• Provides domain expertise in establishing and maintaining the “As is” and “To Be” Enterprise Architecture for the corporation.
• Communicate the enterprise technology, process framework and data standards.
• Assists with program level issue resolution when an enterprise level perspective is required to ensure alignment or to inform future state models.
• Provide domain expertise in the creation or evolution of the EA function or program
• Understanding, advocating and supporting the enterprise's business and IT strategies
• Identify and analyze enterprise business drivers to derive enterprise business, information, technical and solution architecture requirements; analyzing industry, technology and market trends to determine their potential impacts on the enterprise
• Analyzing the current business and IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement
• Contribute to the creation of governing principles to guide solution decision making for the enterprise
• Contribute to the development of an implementation plan for the EA, based on business requirements and IT strategies; support EA implementation, ongoing EA refinement activities, and the documentation of all EA design and analysis work
• Consulting with program/project teams to fit solutions to architecture across all viewpoints
• Identifying organizational requirements for the resources, structures and cultural changes necessary to support the EA
• Promoting the EA process, outcomes and results to the organization, including the enterprise's IT and business leaders; this includes assessing (through appropriate metrics) and communicating the achievement and impact of the EA.
• Provide shared services to IT / business programs in one or more architecture domains in the form of communication, counseling, negotiation, persuasion and governance
Graduation in specialized field (Example: Bachelor of Engineering etc.) in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
Minimum Typically has extensive experience in multiple IT areas and relevant architecture experience. Requires advanced to expert level knowledge and understanding of architecture, applications, infrastructure, systems design and integration.
Minimum Demonstrates high standards of professional behavior in dealings with clients, colleagues and staff.
Minimum Have a comprehensive knowledge of at least one specific technology area and a broad understanding across a wide field along with a record of applying such knowledge successfully in a variety of situations.
Minimum Demonstrates the ability to take significant responsibility and shows skill in the management of change and can handle contacts of all types and at all levels.
Minimum Is able to make sound and far reaching decisions alone on major issues and to take full responsibility for them on a technical or managerial basis.
Minimum Is familiar with the principles and practices involved in development and maintenance and in service delivery.
Minimum Has good technical understanding and the aptitude to remain up to date with technology and industry developments.
Minimum Possesses a general understanding of the business applications of IS. Is effective and persuasive in both written and oral communication.
Minimum Have sound and wide business knowledge and an understanding of current and emerging information and communications technologies and of how they can support and enhance the functions of the business. Has a practical understanding of business and data analysis. Has a good working knowledge of the employing organization’s policies, management structure and business objectives, and of the existing IS portfolio and IT infrastructure.
Minimum Demonstrates a rational and organized approach to the tasks undertaken and an awareness of the need to achieve quality.
Minimum Has thorough knowledge of the system components and interfaces being integrated. Has thorough knowledge of testing procedures. Has thorough knowledge of configuration issues.
Minimum Has comprehensive understanding of project and program management techniques. Role Specific Competencies are available at: https://thehub.xerox.com/sites/it/en/Resources/Pages/XIM BOT.aspx
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. Learn more at www.xerox.com at https://www.xerox.com/ and explorer our commitment to diversity and inclusion! at https://www.xerox.com/en-us/jobs/diversity People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
© 2019 Xerox Corporation. All rights reserved. Xerox® and Xerox and Design® are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Title: Sr. Enterprise Architect, IM Architecture
Requisition ID: 19004201