Xerox Supervisor, Software Engineering in Kerala, India
Xerox (NYSE: XRX) makes every day work better. We are a workplace technology company, building and integrating software and hardware for enterprises large and small. As customers seek to manage information across digital and physical platforms, Xerox delivers a seamless, secure and sustainable experience. Whether inventing the copier, the ethernet, the laser printer or more, Xerox has long defined the modern work experience. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion. at https://www.xerox.com/en-us/jobs/diversity
• Responsible for those functions, activities, and skills required for analysis, design, coding, integration, test & maintenance of software modules, subsystems or systems which control other electrical, mechanical, electronic or network systems.
• Contributes to departmental business plans and priorities by applying company policies and procedures to resolve a variety issues
• Sets priorities for team to ensure task completion; coordinates work activities with other supervisors
• Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills
• Typically a graduate, although may have progressed into the role via equivalent business experience that provide knowledge and exposure to fundamental, theories, principles, and concepts
• Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance and oversight from manager
• May perform one or more of the following:
• Directs the activities of software applications development
• Manages the development, installation, and maintenance of computer programs for business applications
• Directs and coordinates activities related to the design, development and implementation of software operating systems
• Plans, conducts, and coordinates business programming applications activities
• Establishes programming standards and program documentation requirements
• Reviews current status of system applications and prepares recommendations for improvements
• Manages the development and implementation of web applications
• Manages the technical programming and database development related to the organization’s website
• All other duties as assigned
Graduation in specialized field (Example: Bachelor of Engineering etc.)
Minimum Understands, explains and presents complex technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Minimum Shows a systematic, analytical approach to problem solving.
Minimum Demonstrates above average communication skills with an aptitude for dealing with users, colleagues and suppliers.
Minimum Ability to understand and integrate customer requirements
Minimum Proven ability to work under pressure handling multiple tasks to ensure timely completion of all activities
Minimum Above average proficiency using standard Office productivity applications pc-based analytical tools.
Minimum Strong track record of leadership
Minimum Ability to motivate and supervise a team
Minimum Can absorb complex technical information and communicate effectively at all levels to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. Learn more at www.xerox.com at https://www.xerox.com/ and explorer our commitment to diversity and inclusion! at https://www.xerox.com/en-us/jobs/diversity People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
© 2019 Xerox Corporation. All rights reserved. Xerox® and Xerox and Design® are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Title: Supervisor, Software Engineering
Requisition ID: 20000383