Xerox Global Public Relations Leader in Norwalk, Connecticut
Xerox is transforming to become a fast, nimble tech powerhouse. We are seeking an innovative global PR leader to spearhead the repositioning of this 112-year-old iconic technology company for growth in the next 100 years.
The Global Public Relations Leader is responsible for leading all external communications for Xerox. The role reports to the Chief Communications Officer and will manage a global team of direct reports and a global community of those with external communication responsibilities. The role will be based at Xerox World Headquarters in Norwalk, CT.
· Lead the external communications practice within the Corporate Communications function including corporate, executive, product, services and software PR, financial, and crisis communications
· Lead the repositioning of Xerox as a technology powerhouse with investors, customers, partners, and key influencers, aligning external communication strategies to drive business priorities
· Take a digital-first approach to develop and implement innovative strategies that tell the Xerox transformation story on paid, earned, shared and owned channels with heavy emphasis on digital and social strategies
· Serve as the chief spokesperson for Xerox
· Develop and manage external CEO and executive communication strategies, messaging and platforms
· Work closely with Marketing and the business teams to promote products, services, software and innovation
· Collaborate with social media team to grow owned online channel traffic and use those platforms to build online community presence and efforts for the corporate brand and its reputation
· Drive the team’s external social media community management efforts on behalf of the corporate brand and its reputation
· Develop and maintain strong working relationships and trusted advisor status with the CEO and other C-suite leaders
· With the C-suite, continue to evolve the overall Xerox story and the transformation narrative, reinforcing the corporate reputation among key stakeholders and customers
· Ensure external messaging is consistent and reflects the organization’s strategic vision and transformation narrative
· Develop strong working relationships with key media outlets—especially tech media—including business and trade media
· Maintain and enhance external online corporate presence on Xerox.com
· Ensure consistent framing of external messages and aggressively fact check and clarify published content that isn’t aligned with new business strategy or transformation narrative
· Develop and maintain a global corporate and brand reputation content hub; enhance reputation management through consistent content management
· Collaborate closely with Internal Communications to provide content and ensure coordinated and aligned internal/external messaging
· Collaborate with Investor Relations to coordinate corporate and brand external activities with IR initiatives; align earnings messaging with company narrative and provide input/data
· Manage agency relationship and budget
· Develop measurement processes and metrics that show both the outputs and outcomes of the role’s impact and alignment towards driving the business priorities
· Lead, coach and manage team members
Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) is an $11 billion technology leader that innovates the way the world communicates, connects and works. Our expertise is more important than ever as customers of all sizes look to improve productivity, maximize profitability and increase satisfaction. We do this for small and mid-size businesses, large enterprises, governments, graphic communications providers, and for our partners who serve them. We understand what’s at the heart of work – and all of the forms it can take. We embrace the increasingly complex world of paper and digital. Office and mobile. Personal and social. Every day across the globe – in more than 160 countries – our technology, software and people successfully navigate those intersections. We automate, personalize, package, analyze and secure information to keep our customers moving at an accelerated pace.
Learn more at www.xerox.com.
· 10 years in global public relations in the technology industry including multiple years leading the PR function
· Experience in a fast-paced environment is a plus
· Experience building and executing innovative digital PR campaigns using the latest digital and social platforms, with measurable results
· Experience in managing PR during enterprise-wide transformations
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Title: Global Public Relations Leader
Requisition ID: 18005638