Xerox Executive Assistant in Palo Alto, California
City: Palo Alto
Country: United States
Department: Administrative & Clerical Support
Date: Monday, June 7, 2021
Working time: Full-time
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Experienced
Job Field: Administrative & Clerical Support
Seniority Level: Associate
Description & Requirements
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients. Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.
• Responsible for administrative tasks according to set policies and procedures in support of one or more officers, executives, division/unit heads, or managers. May be assigned to various functional areas throughout the company.
• Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services
• Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
• Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
• Decisions guided by policies, procedures and business plan
• Generally domestic scope/accountability
• Performs one or more of the following:
• Provides advanced and diversified administrative support to an officer of the company or to the head of a large business unit
• Assists the executive in the performance of his/her job duties
• On behalf of the executive, may respond independently to inquiries on matters of significance or direct those inquiries to other staff as needed
• Interacts with other internal and external executives; liaison between business unit heads and others within and outside the organization
• May organize programs, events or conferences by arranging facilities and caterers, coordinating speakers and controlling event budget
• Prepares reports and complex presentations; screens telephone calls; handles visitors; manages the executive’s calendar and coordinates appointments & meetings; arranges complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries, etc.
• May utilize the assistance of a lower level assistant on projects or events
• Maintains confidentiality of all corporate, personnel and research matters
• All other duties as assigned
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore ourcommitment to diversity and inclusion! (https://www.xerox.com/en-us/jobs/diversity) People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
© 2020 Xerox Corporation. All rights reserved. Xerox® and Xerox and Design® are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.