Xerox Scientific Software Development Engineer in Palo Alto, California
Scientific Software Development Engineer
City: Palo Alto
Country: United States
Department: Research & Development
Date: Wednesday, June 2, 2021
Working time: Full-time
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Experienced
Job Field: Research & Development
Seniority Level: Associate
Description & Requirements
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients. Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.
PARC has an opening for a Software Development Engineer with an interest in Augmented Reality and Machine Learning. You will create architectures, designs, and develop algorithms and libraries as part of both product and research projects.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Understanding of full software development life-cycle, from understanding the needs of the business through to coding, deployment and maintenance.
• Implement robust, maintainable, high-performance AR/ML algorithms with automated tests
• Write clear, modular code that runs on multiple platforms
Required Skills & Experience:
• A minimum of 3 years of hands-on professional programming experience
• A minimum of 1 year of professional experience working with AWS or Azure
• Solid development practices, attention to detail, design and quality
• The ability to write modern, testable and maintainable code
• The ability to appreciate and use abstractions
• A desire to learn new technologies and concepts
• Communication, writing and organizational skills
Nice to Have Experience:
• Experience with Unity
• Experience with Augmented Reality
• Experience with Machine Learning
• Experience with web front end technology for website development
• Familiarity with high volume, high availability distributed systems
• Knowledge of continuous integration and automated testing
We offer a very competitive salary package and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K. PARC also strives for the best possible work-life balance, so employees benefit from maternity, paternity and adoption leave, as well as a variety of flexible working options. PARC employees enjoy the use of onsite health & fitness center and collegial dining at our onsite cafeteria. The PARC campus is in a spacious modern building in close proximity to the resources and opportunities of Silicon Valley and benefits from nearby leading universities such as Stanford and Berkeley. It is also close to many amenities, top schools, and outdoor activities (see http://www.parc.com/about/culture.html). PARC provides a highly diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (see http://www.parc.com/about/careers/).
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion! People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
© 2020 Xerox Corporation. All rights reserved. Xerox® and Xerox and Design® are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.