Xerox Senior/Principal Scientist, Computer Vision R&D in Palo Alto, California
Senior/Principal Scientist, Computer Vision R&D
City: Palo Alto
Country: United States
Department: Research & Development
Date: Wednesday, June 1, 2022
Working time: Full-time
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Experienced
Job Field: Research & Development
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Description & Requirements
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients. Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.
PARC seeks a senior/principal research scientist in computer vision. We are seeking candidates with a track record for delivering innovations and results that have made a strong impact in the field of computer vision. The ideal candidate approaches problems from a first principles perspective and extracts novel insights at the intersection of computer vision, computational imaging, sensing, and machine learning. S/he is a self-starter that has engaged effectively with the government sector to define and refine research directions; S/he has successfully taken ideas from the drawing board, to proposals, and to prototype deployment.
What you will do:
• Lead and participate in R&D efforts to develop compelling computer vision applications with high impact
• Seek funding for new research opportunities (DARPA, DOE, AFRL, etc.)
• Work with other researchers and developers to turn novel concepts into demonstrable prototypes
• Actively engage with external academic and commercial partners and clients to develop new research and business opportunities leveraging computer vision
• Author quality peer reviewed publications and inventions
• Ph.D. or equivalent experience in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields, with specialization in computer vision and machine learning
• Track record of writing successful government proposals (DARPA, DOE, AFRL, etc.)
• Strong quantitative/mathematical background
• Expertise in deep learning, computer vision, and image processing.
• Excellent presentation and written communication skills
• History of hands-on algorithm and software development
You should possess (in at least two of the following):
• Video object detection, classification, and tracking.
• Action recognition from an ego-centric perspective.
• Facial expression analysis.
• Multi-modal (ex: language, video, audio, 3D) machine learning.
• Unsupervised, self-supervised, and semi-supervised learning.
• Medical image analysis, including classification, detection, segmentation
Candidates should have a strong record of publications in high impact conferences and journals such as:
• IEEE Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR) conference
• IEEE European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV)
• IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV)
• Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurIPS) Conference
• IEEE Winter Applied Computer Vision (WACV) conference
• IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (PAMI)
• IEEE Transactions on Image Processing
Candidates must submit a 1-2 page research statement summarizing research accomplishments, impact of the current work in the larger domain of computer vision and artificial intelligence, and envisioned future directions for the research.
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion! People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
© 2020 Xerox Corporation. All rights reserved. Xerox® and Xerox and Design® are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.