Xerox Manager II, External Project Management in Virtual, Virginia
Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) is an $11 billion technology leader that innovates the way the world communicates, connects and works. Our expertise is more important than ever as customers of all sizes look to improve productivity, maximize profitability and increase satisfaction. We do this for small and mid-size businesses, large enterprises, governments, graphic communications providers, and for our partners who serve them. We understand what’s at the heart of work – and all of the forms it can take. We embrace the increasingly complex world of paper and digital. Office and mobile. Personal and social. Every day across the globe – in more than 160 countries – our technology, software and people successfully navigate those intersections. We automate, personalize, package, analyze and secure information to keep our customers moving at an accelerated pace.
Learn more at www.xerox.com.
• Responsible for the management of projects for external customers only, including managed services and professional services consultancy, IT outsourcing services and outsourcing service delivery as well as ITIL service management processes.
• Leads Xerox work efforts for programs or projects involving department or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of projects and/or programs into a finished state.
• Leads Xerox ITIL service operations work streams in support of customer service delivery
• Leads Xerox projects through established project management methodologies and practices
• Develops account plans, including business, systems, process and/or organizational priorities
• Interprets internal or external business opportunities and issues and recommends solutions/best practices
• Decisions are guided by resource availability and functional objectives
• Implement, operate and improve IT service operation with a focus on incident management, change management & configuration management processes
• May perform one or more of the following:
• Plans and directs schedules as well as project budgets
• Monitors the program/project from initiation through delivery, interfacing with customers, external partners and internal resources
• Organizes project activities that may require interdepartmental meetings and communication ensuring completion of the program/project on schedule and within budget constraints
• Assigns and monitors work of technical personnel, such as systems analysts and programmers, providing support and interpretation of instructions/objectives
• Directs the activities of project support staff and sub-contractors and is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources are allocated and maintained to facilitate the successful completion of the project
• Ensures the ongoing process/system capacity associated with projects and manages any changes required to meet or exceed the expectations established in project designs
• Leads Xerox work efforts to roll out new processes and practices
• Leads Xerox work efforts to perform discovery and design work shops with other members in the service management team to produce improvement proposals on ITSM processes and practices
• Represent Xerox in Change Review Board (CAB) to coordinate the communication with stakeholders to ensure successful change management
• Leads Xerox work efforts with internal and external technical teams and related stakeholders to implement, maintain and improve the configuration and change management process
• Acts as Xerox primary point of contact in major incident and problem management including tracking and managing major incidents through the complete incident life cycle and identify solutions preventing re-occurrence of incidents
• All other duties as assigned
Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems or equivalent experience
Minimum ITIL V3 foundation certification
Preferred ITIL V3 Intermediate or higher certificationMinimum A recognised consulting /project management qualification (e.g. PMI)Candidate Background:Minimum Experience managing complex programs and projectsMinimum Good working knowledge of project management tools and practicesMinimum Able to set priorities, plan and coordinate work activities, and negotiate resources so that work objectives are accomplished on time.Minimum Proven experience of leading and managing teams, including virtual teamsMinimum Ability to perform critical analysis of large complex programs/projectsMinimum Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team oriented environmentMinimum Demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a wide variety of internal and external people, both in formal and informal circumstances, and where necessary to gain their agreement and acceptanceMinimum In-depth understanding and experience with ITIL framework and ITSM best practices, with a focus on Change and Configuration management and Continuous Service ImprovementMinimum 3 years of job related to ITSM and process management work experienceMust have excellent interpersonal and team player skills, able to mediate conflicts, recognize options, propose and implement solutions.
Proven ability to identify resource needs, perform quality review, and escalate workflow issues appropriately.
Proven ability to navigate the technology environment and work effectively with multiple groups. Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Title: Manager II, External Project Management
Location: Virginia-Virtual- VA
Requisition ID: 18004921