Xerox Manager II, IM Business Relationship Management in Virtual, Virginia
Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) is an $11 billion technology leader that innovates the way the world communicates, connects and works. Our expertise is more important than ever as customers of all sizes look to improve productivity, maximize profitability and increase satisfaction. We do this for small and mid-size businesses, large enterprises, governments, graphic communications providers, and for our partners who serve them. We understand what’s at the heart of work – and all of the forms it can take. We embrace the increasingly complex world of paper and digital. Office and mobile. Personal and social. Every day across the globe – in more than 160 countries – our technology, software and people successfully navigate those intersections. We automate, personalize, package, analyze and secure information to keep our customers moving at an accelerated pace.
Learn more at www.xerox.com.
• Responsible for initiating and influencing relationships with key leaders/stakeholders as well as senior strategists, planners, designers and operational business partners during the design management and implementation of business change. Responsible for developing and monitoring IT strategy; accountable for the alignment of Xerox Information Management (XIM) with the underlying profitability drivers of the business goals and objectives. Accountable for the delivery of value and solutions in one or more business areas, as well as managing change initiatives in the business area(s). Accountable for the delivery and management of investment and sustaining base portfolios.
• The IM Business Relationship Manager (BRM) is the strategic interface with assigned area(s) of the business for the purpose of business-IT strategy development, solution discovery, service management, risk management and relationship management. The BRM provides highly-valued strategic consulting level support for IT initiatives. Role serves as a trusted adviser and a key point of contact for IT business stakeholders. The BRM acts as advocates on behalf of business stakeholders to ensure IT services meet their business priorities and needs.
• Problem Complexity - Solves a diverse array of complex problems: takes a broad perspective to identify solutions. For example: Contribute to the development of a roadmap of projects moving from current state to a desired state.
• Impact – Failure to achieve results would normally have serious results and may require additional expenditure of resources to correct and/or achieve goals. For example: Business operating plans depend on delivery of roadmap projects. Business results are directly affected.
• Freedom to act – Works independently with guidance in only the most complex situations. For example: Initiates and influences relationships with and between business key segment leaders during the design, management, and implementation of business change.
• Interactions – Interacts with management and senior customer personnel. For example: Collaborates with business leaders to translate the roadmap into action and drive prioritization of projects, ensure alignment with Enterprise Architecture, balance near term value with long term viability, provide good return on investment, and support the business strategy.
• Recognized as an expert in own function
• Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends solutions/best practices
• Decisions are guided by resource availability and functional objectives
• The BRM possesses and demonstrates broad value chain understanding and deep knowledge of a business partner’s area.
• Strategic Planning - builds a trusted relationship with multiple roles within the business and participates in business planning sessions:
• Establishes and maintains a strategic relationship with appropriate level key stakeholders.
• Facilitates stakeholder’s business planning and strategy meetings.
• Participates in short and long term strategic planning sessions with customer stakeholders and vendors to improve business processes.
• Communicate with business leaders and project managers and other stakeholders to ensure awareness of progress, risks and results against the roadmap
• Understands and anticipates direction of the business and identifies opportunities and makes recommendations to support the business future state.
• Oversight – Partners with Customer and Vendors to deliver IT solutions, all while managing customer expectations. Provides input to and support the annual budget process. Performs routine analysis and reconciliation of plan to actual and works with Business and partners to gain and document an understanding of any variance.
• Provides input to the prioritization of IT initiatives based on organization needs/strategy, IT workload and budget.
• Ensures the oversight for resolution of escalated IT issues.
• Ensures the business need is addressed by the technical solution from a conceptual standpoint.
• Works with the business stakeholders and technical resources to cultivate appropriate solution required to meet business goals.
• Minimize business value lost during project/program execution.
• Advocacy – Works collaboratively with partners to develop clear and concise communications with respect to incidents, problems and change management as needed. Support change management activities.
• Represents the Xerox business strategies and priorities in customer governance processes and communications relative to adjoining applications and platforms that interacts with the Xerox applications and services.
• Represents the Xerox services organization to the customer and key stakeholders
• Negotiates SLAs with Customers and partners to ensure they are appropriate for the business need.
• Strong understanding of business processes and acts as an advocate for business needs and required results.
• Promotes business knowledge of ITIL process, roles and procedures to ensure the best possible outcome.
• Ensures customer and partner IT organizations and key stakeholders are aware of Xerox processes and systems and how they interact with External customers and partner/vendor business processes and applications.
• Identifies and mitigates potential problems and conflicts with IT delivery.
• Leads and may champion change management activities, technology or process, across adjoining teams to get a better value for the business.
• Consulting - Provides strategic ITIL consultation to the business
• Advises on options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impacts on end-user products and services, business processes and system priorities.
• Ensures IT solutions support the business’s short and long term business goals/strategy and align with IT strategy.
• Analyzes technology trends to determine impact to the achievement of customer business goals.
• Identify business opportunities and may assess and provide recommendations based on business relevance, appropriate timing, technology, implementation, and deployment.
• Contributes to the business case process.
• Business Decision Support – Maintains awareness of changes to business goals and processes to ensure requirements appropriately reflect the business needs.
• May develop and advocates recommendations for solution options in conjunction with ITIL business processes and cross functional PMO structure.
• Works with appropriate stakeholders to proactively identify and evaluate risks associated with business decisions.
• Negotiates agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between stakeholders and Xerox from initial requirements to final implementation.
• Business Reviews – Provides support for business reviews
• May support and or participate in formal reporting of project status.
• Ensures stakeholder’s expectations are set and identifies and resolves disconnects through negotiation or governance mechanisms.
• Fosters a team environment.
Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field. Need business, influence behavior and technical education.
Preferred Master's Degree MBA Preferred - Ideally, a technical AND business educational background
Minimum ITIL V3 Practitioner
Preferred ITIL V3 Intermediate
Minimum Experience successfully leading projects and or business /IT consulting/management roles.
Minimum Prior experience in IT Solution Delivery, i.e.: Architecture, Project/Program Management, Requirements, and Delivery and Operations.
Minimum Partnering with Clients: Understands multiple business drivers (understands technical capabilities, business process differences and cultural differences of the various parts of the customer and their business partner’s operations); Supports the business IT strategy with the customer; Acts as a Trusted Advisor; Develops strong client intimacy.
Minimum Communicating with Confidence & Impact: Listens for broad understanding; Asks open-ended questions; Illustrates points effectively; Challenge in an effective manner.
Minimum Takes an Enterprise-Wide Perspective: Negotiates to find the best solution for Xerox and the customer; Cooperates with all significant stakeholders; Teams and networks with colleagues to maximize overall delivery value. Demonstrates up to date knowledge of the organization’s policy framework, organizational relationships, business processes, reporting procedures, and existing and planned information systems and services.
Minimum Accountable for Measurable Results: Implements improvements in products, processes, systems and methods; Plans and schedules work in advance; Works with customer stakeholders to create and validate a sustainable business case at the project and roadmap level, through effective benefits management, and demonstrates the ability to make and take responsibility for innovative decisions on major technical and service delivery issues. Collaborates on the budget and timeline; Ensures decisions are made in the context of a well-developed business case; Teams with customer and vendor stakeholders on ownership of financial models and schedules.
Minimum Creative & Versatile: Ensures a broad perspective underlies all decisions; Demonstrates originality on solving problems; Develops solutions to problems through investigation of previous work; Demonstrates agility by constantly learning better ways of doing the job
Competitive / Market Industry: Has wide and detailed IT knowledge, together with detailed understanding of the principles of business and markets and sound experience of relevant business sectors.
Minimum Demonstrates commitment to Continual Quality Improvement
Preferred Foundational knowledge of associated technical disciplines e.g. ITIL Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operations and Continual Service Improvement. Uses high level of technical understanding to explain technical issues for their business partners and give confidence and credibility to the overall team.
Preferred Requires leadership and negotiation skills and knowledge of the business requirements analysis and ITIL processes.
Preferred Demonstrated level of understanding in major ITIL process/service areas including infrastructure, security, sourcing/vendor management, risk management, disaster recovery/business resumption and service delivery.
Preferred Ability to work autonomously
Additional Role Requirements:
Individuals in the BRM role must be able to communicate clearly, negotiate, listen, mitigate conflict, build alliances and achieve desired results using strong interpersonal, and diplomacy skills. Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of the business to identify and communicate how Xerox solutions can support the achievement of both short-term and long-term goals.
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Title: Manager II, IM Business Relationship Management
Location: Virginia-Virtual- VA
Requisition ID: 18004920