Xerox Service Technician in Waterloo, Iowa
Country: United States
Department: Technical Customer Services
Date: Friday, April 30, 2021
Working time: Full-time
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Experienced
Job Field: Technical Customer Services
Description & Requirements
Xerox (NYSE: XRX) makes every day work better. We are a workplace technology company, building and integrating software and hardware for enterprises large and small. As customers seek to manage information across digital and physical platforms, Xerox delivers a seamless, secure and sustainable experience. Whether inventing the copier, the ethernet, the laser printer or more, Xerox has long defined the modern work experience. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore ourcommitment to diversity and inclusion. (https://www.xerox.com/en-us/jobs/diversity)
Xerox is looking for a Service Technician in the Waterloo, Iowa area. While copier-industry experience is preferred, people who are good mechanical troubleshooters with basic computer knowledge and excellent customer service skills are right for this role. Experience in automotive, electrical and machine operations are a plus!
Provide outstanding service support to our customers. The role includes full break/fix repairs and resolution to all machine issues for all Xerox High-End, Digital, Xerographic and Inkjet equipment. It provides complete service coverage to maintain the highest possible up-time for the customer.
· Resolution of all customer hardware issues, engaging the necessary resources as required to satisfy our customers
· Support the resolution of network/connectivity/applications issues or engage whatever resources may be necessary to satisfy our customer's needs.
· Take responsibility for customer satisfaction through proper use of customer management skills and engaging the support of other Xerox personnel as required.
· Develop schedules & implement preventative and corrective maintenance services to maximize equipment uptime and performance.
Here's what we're looking for in your background:
· Electro-mechanical experience including using a multi-meter to troubleshoot electrical circuits, and the ability to read and comprehend electrical schematics to properly troubleshoot systems. This could include past roles as an Electrician, Automotive Mechanic or Repair, Military or Veteran with electro-mechanical experience,
· Superior time management skills and RELIABILITY. Our customers are counting on you.
· Outstanding customer/communication skills
· Ability to lift 50 pounds, stand for extended periods of time, pull, lift, squat, reach, bend, and stoop to equipment, parts, and supplies. Again, this is an active position that requires, standing, squatting, bending, and driving.
· Good to have: A+, MCSE, or MCP certifications and familiarity with networking IT skills, including a firm grasp of IP networking and common IT protocols (SMB, FTP, SNMP, SMTP).
· Valid driver's license, and a clean driving history. A Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) is included in our technician background check.
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore ourcommitment to diversity and inclusion! (https://www.xerox.com/en-us/jobs/diversity) People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
© 2020 Xerox Corporation. All rights reserved. Xerox® and Xerox and Design® are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.