Xerox Business Relationship Manager - - 22893 in WEBSTER, New York
Business Relationship Manager at created 16-Sep-2020"/>
Skip to content
Xerox at https://xerox.avature.net/en_US/careers
Business Relationship Manager
Department: IM Business Relationship Management
Date: Wednesday, September 16, 2020
Working time: Full-time
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Experienced
Job Field: IM Business Relationship Management
Description & Requirements
Xerox (NYSE: XRX) makes every day work better. We are a workplace technology company, building and integrating software and hardware for enterprises large and small. As customers seek to manage information across digital and physical platforms, Xerox delivers a seamless, secure and sustainable experience. Whether inventing the copier, the ethernet, the laser printer or more, Xerox has long defined the modern work experience. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion. at https://www.xerox.com/en-us/jobs/diversity
The Business Relationship Manager (BRM) is responsible for initiating and influencing relationships with key leaders/stakeholders as well as senior strategists, planners, designers and operational business partners during the design management and implementation of business change. Responsible for developing and monitoring IT strategy; accountable for the alignment of Xerox Information Management (XIM) with the underlying profitability drivers of the business goals and objectives. Accountable for the delivery of value and solutions in one or more business areas, as well as managing change initiatives in the business area(s). Accountable for the delivery and management of investment and sustaining base portfolios.
The Business Relationship Manager (BRM) is the strategic interface with assigned area(s) of the business for the purpose of business-IT strategy development, solution discovery, service management, risk management and relationship management. The BRM provides highly-valued strategic consulting level support for IT initiatives. Role serves as a trusted adviser and a key point of contact for IT business stakeholders. The BRM acts as advocates on behalf of business stakeholders to ensure IT services meet their business priorities and needs.
• Problem Complexity - Solves a diverse array of complex problems: takes a broad perspective to identify solutions. For example: Contribute to the development of a roadmap of projects moving from current state to a desired state.
• Impact – Failure to achieve results would normally have serious results and may require additional expenditure of resources to correct and/or achieve goals. For example: Business operating plans depend on delivery of roadmap projects. Business results are directly affected.
• Freedom to act – Works independently with guidance in only the most complex situations. For example: Initiates and influences relationships with and between business key segment leaders during the design, management, and implementation of business change.
• Interactions – Interacts with management and senior customer personnel. For example: Collaborates with business leaders to translate the roadmap into action and drive prioritization of projects, ensure alignment with Enterprise Architecture, balance near term value with long term viability, provide good return on investment, and support the business strategy.
• Develops departmental plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities
• Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends solutions/best practices
• Decisions are guided by resource availability and functional objectives
• Primarily domestic accountability; may include some international accountability
• The BRM possesses and demonstrates broad value chain understanding and deep knowledge of a business partner’s area.
• Strategic Planning - builds a trusted relationship with multiple roles within the business and participates in business planning sessions:
• Establishes and maintains a strategic relationship with appropriate level key stakeholders.
• Facilitates stakeholder’s business planning and strategy meetings.
• Participates in short and long term strategic planning sessions with VCPs to improve business processes.
• Communicate with business leaders and project managers and other stakeholders to ensure awareness of progress, risks and results against the roadmap
• Understands and anticipates direction of the business and identifies opportunities and makes recommendations to support the business future state.
• Oversight – Partners with VCP’s and XIM partners to deliver IT solutions, all while managing customer expectations around what IT can deliver. Provides support through the annual budget process. Performs routine analysis and reconciliation of plan to actual and works with Business and XIM partners to gain and document an understanding of any variance.
• Provides input to the prioritization of IT initiatives based on organization needs/strategy, IT workload and budget.
• Ensures the oversight for resolution of escalated IT issues.
• Ensures the business need is addressed by the technical solution from a conceptual standpoint.
• Works with the business stakeholders and technical resources to cultivate appropriate solution required to meet business goals.
• Minimize business value lost during project/program execution.
• Advocacy – Works collaboratively with XIM partners to develop clear and concise communications with respect to incidents, problems and change management as needed. Support change management activities.
• Represents the business strategies and priorities in IM community relative to adjoining IM applications and platforms that interacts with the business group.
• Represents the IT vision to the business
• Negotiates SLAs with internal XIM partners to ensure they are appropriate for the business need.
• Strong understanding of business processes and acts as an advocate for business needs and required results.
• Promotes business knowledge of IT process, roles and procedures to ensure the best possible outcome.
• Ensures IT domains are aware of business segments within Xerox and how they interact with External customers and internal business groups.
• Identifies and mitigates potential problems and conflicts with IT delivery.
• Leads and may champion change management activities, technology or process, across adjoining teams to get a better value for the business.
• Consulting - Provides strategic IT consultation to the business
• Advises on options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impacts on end-user products and services, business processes and system priorities.
• Ensures IT solutions support the business’s short and long term business goals/strategy and align with IT strategy.
• Analyzes technology trends to determine impact to the achievement of business goals.
• Identify business opportunities and may assess and provide recommendations based on business relevance, appropriate timing, technology, implementation, and deployment.
• Contributes to the business case process.
• Business Decision Support – Maintains awareness of changes to business goals and processes to ensure requirements appropriately reflect the business needs.
• May develop and advocates recommendations for solution options in conjunction with IT solution architects.
• Works with appropriate stakeholders to proactively identify and evaluate risks associated with business decisions.
• Negotiates agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between stakeholders and IT from initial requirements to final implementation.
• Business Reviews – Provides support for business reviews
• May support and or participate in formal reporting of project status.
• Ensures stakeholder’s expectations are set and identifies and resolves disconnects through negotiation or governance mechanisms.
• Coaching/Mentoring – Develop, motivates, direct IT members as appropriate.
• Fosters a team environment.
• Requires a good understanding of Supply Chain business, processes and applicaitons in US/NA.
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. Learn more at www.xerox.com at https://www.xerox.com/ and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion! at https://www.xerox.com/en-us/jobs/diversity People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
© 2020 Xerox Corporation. All rights reserved. Xerox® and Xerox and Design® are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Share this job:
Share Business Relationship Manager with Facebook
Share Business Relationship Manager with LinkedIn
Share Business Relationship Manager with Twitter
Share Business Relationship Manager with a friend via e-mail