Xerox DocuShare Custom Solutions Architect - - 22857 in WEBSTER, New York
DocuShare Custom Solutions Architect at created 18-Aug-2020"/>
Skip to content
Xerox at https://xerox.avature.net/en_US/careers
DocuShare Custom Solutions Architect
Country: United States
Department: Solution Design
Date: Tuesday, August 18, 2020
Working time: Full-time
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Experienced
Job Field: Solution Design
Description & Requirements
Xerox (NYSE: XRX) makes every day work better. We are a workplace technology company, building and integrating software and hardware for enterprises large and small. As customers seek to manage information across digital and physical platforms, Xerox delivers a seamless, secure and sustainable experience. Whether inventing the copier, the ethernet, the laser printer or more, Xerox has long defined the modern work experience. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion. at https://www.xerox.com/en-us/jobs/diversity
• The Custom Solutions Architect (CSA) required an experienced individual that can make intuitive high-level decisions for software development in this exciting and fast growing part of the Capture and Content Business.
• The CSA will create architectural approaches for software design and implementation to guide our DocuShare development team. This is done by collaborating with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for software needs or applications that extend the DocuShare platform.
• Industry standard tools and methodologies will be leveraged to create representations for functions and user interfaces of desired changes while developing high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility.
• A strong technical background and excellent IT skills are required as aspects of development will need to be approached using appropriate technology and workflow while adhering to coding standards.
• This position will maintain tight linkage with the development team to ensure consistency with initial design and any changes or improvements to the request over time. In addition, the CSA with provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers to ensure the software meets all sales/client requirements.
• This position plays a key role in the pursuit of new business, understand specific client business requirements to craft winning and deliverable solutions that are commercially acceptable to the customer.
• Works in close collaboration with sales, pre-sales solutions architects, bid management as well as internal and external partners. The role holder will orchestrate and enable deal wins, contributing to smooth service transition and successful handover to Implementation.
Leads and is accountable for comprehensive, end-to-end design for DocuShare Custom Solution requirements and supporting documentation
Participate in community of practice leaders/discussions/work sessions
Maintain/manage tasks to utilization rate of practice personnel
Evolve practice approach and capabilities through management leadership & mentorship
Deeply understand practice offerings, capabilities and solutions of the competency area
Present relevant talk tracks/demonstration models for practice offerings
Consider market trends, assumptions, risk assessment and governance in design
Leverage best practices/consistency wherever possible
Balancing requirements to Xerox capabilities and pricing
Participate in customer discovery, requirements gathering, discussions and presentations where required
Provide customer education and through leadership on best practices and Workflow Automation related offerings/solutions throughout the sales process
Work with the DocuShare Solution Architect and Sales Specialists to evolve, define, and communicate solution differentiation
Maintain visibility on and contribute to all opportunity relevant information throughout the sales cycle, (requirements, services estimate, statement of work, custom presentation recordings, etc..) where appropriate
Recognized as an expert in own function
Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends solutions/best practices
Primary Responsibilities: Client Strategy & Account Development:
Bid/Sales Support: Supports the presales phase of deal pursuit. Assists with the preparation and delivery of service contract proposals, bids and tenders.
Service Design Authority: Takes responsibility for all components input to Solution Design as well as to qualification and business approval meetings. Shapes and architects services proposals working with partner(s) where relevant
Cost and Risk: Defines the approach to service design, controlling scope and the work of the service design team in order to ensure an acceptable cost structure.
Able to articulate the entire service to a client or partner on a technical and business level, clearly identifying benefits and risks.
Experience / Skill Required5 years’ experience working with solution design, scope, or other enterprise software class Pre-Sales functions
Operating Systems included but not limited to (Installation, Basic Configuration and Administration prefer Windows Server Certification)
Web Server (installation, configuration, Certificate-SSL, basic Administration including Authentication); i.e. IIS 7.5 and higher / Apache 2.2.x and higher
Relational Databases (installation, basic configuration and administration); i.e. Oracle 12.x and higher, SQL Server 2008 and higher or PostgreSQL 9.x and higher
Internet standards: XML, XSLT, Webservices Rest, SOAP
Network related protocols (basic configuration and administration); i.e. TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Kerberos, SMTP, POP3, IMAP HTTP|S, FTP, SMB, SSL/TLS, SFTP, SCP, LDAP, Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. Learn more at www.xerox.com at https://www.xerox.com/ and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion! at https://www.xerox.com/en-us/jobs/diversity People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
© 2020 Xerox Corporation. All rights reserved. Xerox® and Xerox and Design® are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Share this job:
Share DocuShare Custom Solutions Architect with Facebook
Share DocuShare Custom Solutions Architect with LinkedIn
Share DocuShare Custom Solutions Architect with Twitter
Share DocuShare Custom Solutions Architect with a friend via e-mail