Xerox Technical Analyst in YW, United Kingdom
Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) is an $11 billion technology leader that innovates the way the world communicates, connects and works. Our expertise is more important than ever as customers of all sizes look to improve productivity, maximize profitability and increase satisfaction. We do this for small and mid-size businesses, large enterprises, governments, graphic communications providers, and for our partners who serve them. We understand what’s at the heart of work – and all of the forms it can take. We embrace the increasingly complex world of paper and digital. Office and mobile. Personal and social. Every day across the globe – in more than 160 countries – our technology, software and people successfully navigate those intersections. We automate, personalize, package, analyze and secure information to keep our customers moving at an accelerated pace.
Learn more at www.xerox.com.
• Responsible for client solution design. Each role plays a part in ensuring that the overall solution that is designed and sold to the client (including the different technical or service components) meet the client requirements and are deliverable.
• This position plays a key role in the pursuit of new business, understanding the client’s requirements to craft winning and deliverable solutions that are commercially acceptable to the customer. This position is also the key technical interface between bid pursuit, service transition and service delivery.
• The role holder is responsible for the design of all the technical aspects of the total client service solution. Alternatively he/she contributes to the technical design on larger/more complex deals working under the direction of a lead Technical Architect.
• Works in close collaboration with sales, bid management and service delivery, internal and external partners, the role holder will orchestrate and enable deal wins, contributing to smooth service transition and successful handover to the service delivery teams.
• Works with deal pursuit team members to develop a value proposition and business case for the service and helping articulate this in a compelling manner to the client. This requires working within the relevant governance and processes.
• The role holder provides technical architecture expertise leading to the successful win, implementation and delivery of Xerox technology business contracts.
• The role holder is focused on:
• Crafting winning solutions and services technical designs (KPI: Design offers a winning value proposition at right price)
• Crafting deliverable technical designs (KPI: Design is deliverable & as standard as possible)
• Supporting service transition into live service delivery (KPI: Time to revenue & service availability)
• Owning the client technical architecture design post go-live, acting as a reference point to update/improve the technical design as necessary based on changing client requirements (KPI: technical design is fit for purpose throughout the contract life)
• Leads technical architecture work stream through deal closure and transition to handover to the service delivery teams.
• The role holder leads and is accountable for comprehensive, end-to-end technical design for services proposals typically varying in size and of medium to high complexity.
• Competency Requirements: One Technical Architect role with three proficiency levels: Practitioner, Proficient and Mastery. Career progression within role is defined by SFIA competencies and validated by experience.
• Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services
• Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
• Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
• Decisions guided by policies, procedures and business plan
• Generally domestic scope/accountability
• Client Technical Solution Strategy:
• Bid/Sales Support: Supports the presales phase of deal pursuit. Assists with the preparation and delivery of service contract proposals, bids and tenders.
• Technical Design Authority: Takes responsibility for all components input to technical design as well as to qualification and business approval meetings.
• Technical Authority: Takes responsibility for technical input to service design as well as to qualification and business approval meetings. Shapes and architects technical proposals working with partner(s) where relevant.
• Cost and Risk: Defines the approach to technical development, controlling scope and the work of the technical design team in order to ensure an acceptable cost structure. Able to articulate the entire technical architecture to a client or partner on a technical and business level, clearly identifying benefits and risks.
• Business Development: Establishes customer requirements for the technical elements of a service building strong relationships with relevant stakeholders in Xerox, customer IT organizations and partners.
• Requirements and Design: Designs innovative technical solutions, within the context of the total service solution, and where required, can manage the work of different specialists including partners and third parties - contributing to the design and implementation.
• Due Diligence: May be responsible to lead the technical due diligence phase of bid pursuit and to validate and revise the proposed architecture as necessary.
• Integration: Co-ordinates and engages the supporting shared services (e.g. Global Delivery Centres) and service delivery teams - as well as partner input where relevant - to develop seamless end to end technical architecture for customers.
• Practice Development:
• Influence: Represents the company at customer forums, conferences, professional bodies to build the company's reputation in the market place. Known expert in one or more service offers and industries.
• Continuous Improvement & Knowledge Sharing- Provides continuous feedback to stakeholders as input for improvements. Shares knowledge with colleagues to make a useful contribution to Xerox knowledge. Updates and improves standard technical architect methodologies based on learning and customer requirements/feedback. Promotes knowledge sharing with other stakeholders
Graduation in specialized field (Example: Bachelor of Engineering etc.)
Minimum A proven track record in complex technology based outsourced business, having worked in technical architecting, service delivery management or other IT related business functions
Minimum Sound experience in designing technology based services in response to clients key business drivers
Minimum Proven ability to innovate to provide services that improve clients business performance
Minimum Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
Minimum The ability to analyze issues and to find resolution to problems by using a rational, systematic approach
Minimum Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
Minimum Demonstrates a strong team ethic with the ability to build relationships and work effectively in large and small teams.
Minimum Demonstrates creativity and innovation in their work to benefit their customers/end users.
Additional Role Requirements:
Competency Requirements: One Technical Architect role with three proficiency levels: Practitioner, Proficient and Mastery. Career progression within role is defined by SFIA competencies, validated by experience and must meet a business need.
The competency levels for this role description are set at the Practitioner level. Refer to Global Talent Builder (Role Profiles/LEO/Professional & Technical Services) for competency details. Link here: http://globaltalentbuilder.xerox.com
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Title: Technical Analyst
Requisition ID: 20000047